Two salami, two bresaola, two summer sausage, duck liver pate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
These all came out of the chamber in the last month or so. L to R, chorizo, adobo bresaola (Teres Major), traditional bresaolo (eye round), summer sausage, summer sausage with cheese, and black garlic squid ink salami. The white ramekin has duck liver pate.

1664626304065.png

wow, that looks so delicious!! nice job!
Thanks!

Excellent! Tell me more about the duck liver pate!

So it's this recipe as a base: https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes...istmas-starters/duck-liver-pate-with-armagnac.

My changes are as follows:
Doubled everything but the butter (+150% on the butter)
Soaked the livers in buttermilk for 45 mins first
Maybe tripled the fresh thyme, plus added 10 or so fresh sage leaves.
Added one large shallot
Instead of mustard powder, ground up a tablespoon each of yellow and brown mustard seeds.
Skipped the garnish, just topped with a thin layer of melted butter.

I froze and then vac sealed 4 ramekins of it beyond the one we ate. It freezes really well under vacuum.

Reactions: indaswamp
These all came out of the chamber in the last month or so. L to R, chorizo, adobo bresaola (Teres Major), traditional bresaolo (eye round), summer sausage, summer sausage with cheese, and black garlic squid ink salami. The white ramekin has duck liver pate.

View attachment 644795
Wow all that looks fantastic! That large summer looks like Lebanon baloney from my Lancaster PA area childhood!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky