Two Butts...and that's just the beginning...

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smoking4fun, Mar 26, 2016.

1. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

Up early to get a pair of butts in the smoker...hoping they get done in time for me to get a batch (my first) of salmon smoked today as well. Here's to a happy/full smoker!

Rubbed down with my own rub:

In the Smokin It #3, ready to be fired up:

2. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

Going to smoke them at 260*, using a chunk of cherry and a chunk of hickory.

3. What lb are they?

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice start!

Al

5. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

I'm not sure...I didn't look and the package is already in the garbage in the garage. Probably 8-9 lbs apiece though.

6. You should have started them last night. Gonna take at least 18 hours

7. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

I haven't been monitoring the IT very closely, so I don't know if they are through the stall or not, but they are both about 180* at 6 hours.  Maybe/hopefully, they'll be done in about 5-6 hours.  That will still give me time to throw the salmon in tonight.

8. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

Finished in about 8.5 hours, and now in the cooler for a rest until dinner. The look and smell amazing!

9. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

How did they turn out? Looks good from here.

10. smoking4fun

smoking4fun Smoke Blower

They turned out amazing, as always...I do really enjoy my Smokin' It #3D.

11. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have always done pork exclusively in the CS, and my first smoke in the SI 3D was baby backs. Delicious. 
    It would be great to see you and your exploits over at SI.  If you are there, same name?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016