Turkey Sausage Italian

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Made good use of the Turkey Thighs I bought.
5 pounds Italian Turkey Sausage I used my Chicken Sausage Recipe With my Jerky Cannon
Ground an seasoned
100_7876.JPG
Test Patty Delicious
100_7877.JPG
Used Waltons Fresh Collagen Casings
They worked nice for this
100_7878.JPG
Put the Cannon to work
100_7881.JPG
Italian Sausage to die for
100_7883.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Damn those look good! I haven't made any sausage in a few weeks haha. Your posts are giving me withdrawal symptoms! haha

Chris I added a little more fennel to this batch,I think you would like it.
Richie

Looks great Richie! 20% fat?

Point

Scott

Scott I think it maybe a little less,some of the skin had a lot of quills,so I tossed them instead of playing Plucker LOL
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Those are gonna be Awesome!!
Nice Job, Richie!!
Like.

Bear
Brother John Thanks I hope this fresh collagen casing gets crispy when fried.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice job on the sausage!
That had to be a lot of work, with a jerky gun!
I think a dedicated stuffer should be on your x-mas list!!
Al

Al Thanks I have been using the Cannon for small batches for years. LEM 5# is on the list.It was a little more work that day because I did Turkey Kielbasi at the same time,Fresh and Smoked.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

wife said it was the best I ever made.
I made some using chicken thighs , right after I joined up here . Kids went nuts for them . Must be the texture or something .

I have been using the Cannon for small batches for years.
Just a comment on something I saw on triple D . A guy making small batch to order sausage . Had meat chunked up and seasoned . When needed he ground and stuffed all in one move . Had the horn and casings on the grinder . I tried it , worked pretty good .

I made some using chicken thighs , right after I joined up here . Kids went nuts for them . Must be the texture or something .

Just a comment on something I saw on triple D . A guy making small batch to order sausage . Had meat chunked up and seasoned . When needed he ground and stuffed all in one move . Had the horn and casings on the grinder . I tried it , worked pretty good .

Tried that with my KA didn't like the texture meat over heated.I have made a lot of sausage with the Cannon.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky