trying sonething different

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
Tried Shelly's rub today on everything. We discovered at the contest that it probably take more rub on a charcoal smoker than on her friedrick 240V electric oven thingy. So ....

I fired up the ECB and in went some ribs and rib scraps with her rub and her wood chips - the wood is called sweetwood mix, not sure but it smells like hickory and apple. Maybe?

I was going to smoke the turkey with the orange wood but I need to use the same stuff we will use for next years contest. Temps were about 235 degrees used no foil on the ribs but did wrap in plastic wrap for an hour. Very juicey ribs! Smoked the bird at 375 degrees for 2.5 hours Talk aout crispy skin! Yummmy!

The rub apears to be high on sugar so we may have to tweek that a bit a lot of burning.

I also fired up the Smoke Vault and smoked some pepper sticks (made em last night smoked them today with hickory and cherry at about 130 degrees for 4 hours.

When they got done I through in some more rib trimmings and homemade beans which are still cooking.
1f95b9c7_vbattach15259.jpg

a5ac280f_vbattach15260.jpg

17a38933_vbattach15261.jpg

2a2e5268_vbattach15262.jpg

oops now that's a BIG typo - I'll edit it!

Gypsy if there's any left I only did about 5 pounds.

Unfortunatey I have to work tomorrow so during the week it just short smokes if any - speaking of which I did it again! I gotta get up in about 4.5 hours to get ready for work and I didn't get my shower yet!

Night night!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky