Some Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Smoked some ribs up yesterday. 3 racks of Baby Backs. I was trying to go the 4 hour route with out wrap and Spritzing like fxsales1959 fxsales1959 did recently but it ended up taking 6hrs. Maybe doing on an offset compared to WSM made a difference but not sure. I was running between 235-275 pretty much the whole cook. They were good but they did have a solid bark to them.

I went four hours with out peeking at all. After that I started spritzing every half hour as I felt they were getting to crispy.

IMG_5545.jpeg

This was at the four hour mark.

IMG_5546.jpeg

Sauced up for the finish.

IMG_5547.jpeg

Took them to friends for dinner. Sides were a beet salad, coleslaw, and potato and pasta salads. Friends family was very happy! For the Weekend BBQ Battle, bmudd14474 bmudd14474

Last edited:
Redicans Redicans , well, there are boat loads of Beet Salad recipes. Haha
From what I've seen, they have fruit and/or feta cheese.
None appealed to me of the ones I looked at.
Yours looks like they might be more like cooked beets, maybe with crumbled bacon, vinegar and a bit of S&P.

Reactions: Redicans
Redicans Redicans , well, there are boat loads of Beet Salad recipes. Haha
From what I've seen, they have fruit and/or feta cheese.
None appealed to me of the ones I looked at.
Yours looks like they might be more like cooked beets, maybe with crumbled bacon, vinegar and a bit of S&P.
Yeah it was pretty simple. No bacon though. I would agree with the vinegar and some olive oil and I want to say there was some wilted spinach in it. Not sure exactly but it was darn tasty!!

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky