Trout---Sneaky Pennsylvania Fish Commission

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
So Bear Jr was on the Ball, and had some fun today.

He was alert, and heard this morning that PA opened Trout season today.
It was supposed to open next week for kids & the following week for Adults, but they opened it Unannounced today.

They said they figured this way there won't be the usual crowds along the Trout Streams of PA, and people getting sick.

They also said they won't be announcing where & when they will be doing the "In Season Trout Stockings" like they always have in the past----For the Same Reason.

He caught 28 Trout, but threw them all back----LOL. That's just the way he is.

He sent me a few pics,

Bear

His Favorite Pastime: (2 Rainbows)
0-1.jpeg

Rainbow:
0-2.jpeg

Another Rainbow:
0.jpeg

That's a great haul, but I would have kept a couple. Trout is a favorite here.

Chris

looks like he had a nice day, that was a little sneaky by the fish comm. at least he wasn't shoulder to shoulder.

They have stopped all stocking here until they lift the stay at home order. Still can fish many to be caught.

Looks like a great day for him. I don't think there strategy worked so well. Elbow to elbow at the old mill on the Big Spring.

“ Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after,” Henry David Thoreau.

We don't have fishing seasons, but there are some restrictions like slot limits, or artificial bait only. Our wildlife is carefully managed, I release plenty of trout too, but have no problem in harvesting during certain times of the year.

Dang Bear he had a good run. Although I'm with some of the others , too bad he didnt bring a few to the table!

I think i fished the same creek as him. My son did very well today. I caught 7-8 in the time i actually fished. We put them all back as well.

I must live under a rock. :emoji_blush: I have to omit, I have never had trout. They are not very common in my neck of the woods, and fish prices are ridiculous.

I think i fished the same creek as him. My son did very well today. I caught 7-8 in the time i actually fished. We put them all back as well.

He and one of the guys who works for him were fishing right across the street (Water St) from his New Tower Shop, in the Perkiomen Creek. They went in separate trucks to stay apart. When they got there, there was one other guy fishing there, and when they left, there was two other guys there.

Bear

Reactions: wbf610
That's a great haul, but I would have kept a couple. Trout is a favorite here.

Chris

He normally keeps a Limit (5), and Fillets them for his Dear Old Dad, but I guess he was having too much fun, and wasn't in the mood. I don't mind---He does so much for us already.

Bear

Reactions: wbf610
He's got some nice ones there . I'm all catch and release myself . Something " normal " to step away from the headlines for a bit .

He's lucky.
Washington state has closed all hunting and fishing for duration.
As well as schools for the rest of the school year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky