Tried my first fatty.....yummy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jr.s

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Just joined this site, been reading about 'fatties' for the past couple of days. Decided to make some tonight, they are AWESOME!

Used two different kinds of Sausage, Jimmy Dean Hot and a mild one. Didn't care much for the mild, but the Jimmy Dean Hot is great! Just took it off the smoker about 30 minutes ago, and 2/3 of it has disappeared! Can't wait to try it with some fried eggs and biscuits.....amazing how much better it tastes smoked rather than fried.

i made the "sage" the first time. tonight i made a "sage" and a "hot". i think the hot is the best. i also made 1lb of ABT's. now i have an 8lb brisket on.

That fatty works really well when you break part of it up and put it with
Dutch's cowboy gravy recipie. I kind of like the maple flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky