Tri Tip!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks tasty, where's the money shots??

$6.99 here is a bargain, unless you're buying it bulk. Bulk I pay around $4. Normal in the store here its $8.99-$16 depending on the store.

Sorry ...had issues getting pics from my phone to computer.  Had bigger issues with my tri tip cooked to perfection and resting in the oven.  SWMBO thought it was a good time to fix a dessert, and pre heated the oven to 375!  
icon_eek.gif
  It was a tad over done once discovered.

Looks good Mike!

Too bad it got away from you, they are so good rare to med/rare.

I had to give you a point anyway!

Al

Looks good Mike!

Too bad it got away from you, they are so good rare to med/rare.

I had to give you a point anyway!

Al
Thanks Al!  It was good, but it would have been amazing!  I appreciate the point.

Mike

Sorry ...had issues getting pics from my phone to computer.  Had bigger issues with my tri tip cooked to perfection and resting in the oven.  SWMBO thought it was a good time to fix a dessert, and pre heated the oven to 375!  
icon_eek.gif
  It was a tad over done once discovered.

I'm sure it was tasty nevertheless. I had a similar mishap my first time around because I got a little overzealous with my reverse sear. However, I've since done several that turned out well enough to warrant a Santa Maria Outfitters Grill on my wish list—that is if I can figure out a way around the shipping cost. Any Californians plan on visiting Michigan soon? ;-)

Last edited:

I'm sure it was tasty nevertheless. I had a similar mishap my first time around because I got a little overzealous with my reverse sear. However, I've since done several that turned out well enough to warrant a Santa Maria Outfitters Grill on my wish list—that is if I can figure out a way around the shipping cost. Any Californians plan on visiting Michigan soon? ;-)
Thanks LarMar!  I too have gotten a bit overzealous with the reverse sear!  It sure does make a great steak when done properly!

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky