• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tri Tip!

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
It was $6.99 per lb, but i bought it anyway!   

Dusted with Tatonka dust.

Theres some wing drummies and a couple of taters sharing the spotlight!

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Oh Yeah!  That is the Vortex taking all the attention.

Mike

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looks tasty, where's the money shots??

$6.99 here is a bargain, unless you're buying it bulk. Bulk I pay around $4. Normal in the store here its $8.99-$16 depending on the store.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Looking tasty,come on with the rest of the pics!:biggrin:

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Sorry ...had issues getting pics from my phone to computer.  Had bigger issues with my tri tip cooked to perfection and resting in the oven.  SWMBO thought it was a good time to fix a dessert, and pre heated the oven to 375!  
  It was a tad over done once discovered.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks good Mike!

Too bad it got away from you, they are so good rare to med/rare.

I had to give you a point anyway!

Al

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015

Looks good Mike!

Too bad it got away from you, they are so good rare to med/rare.

I had to give you a point anyway!

Al
Thanks Al!  It was good, but it would have been amazing!  I appreciate the point.

Mike

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
It happens Mike ! Dang it ! Still looks tasty though ! Thumbs Up

larmar

Joined Sep 8, 2016

Sorry ...had issues getting pics from my phone to computer.  Had bigger issues with my tri tip cooked to perfection and resting in the oven.  SWMBO thought it was a good time to fix a dessert, and pre heated the oven to 375!  
  It was a tad over done once discovered.

I'm sure it was tasty nevertheless. I had a similar mishap my first time around because I got a little overzealous with my reverse sear. However, I've since done several that turned out well enough to warrant a Santa Maria Outfitters Grill on my wish list—that is if I can figure out a way around the shipping cost. Any Californians plan on visiting Michigan soon? ;-)

Last edited:

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015

I'm sure it was tasty nevertheless. I had a similar mishap my first time around because I got a little overzealous with my reverse sear. However, I've since done several that turned out well enough to warrant a Santa Maria Outfitters Grill on my wish list—that is if I can figure out a way around the shipping cost. Any Californians plan on visiting Michigan soon? ;-)
Thanks LarMar!  I too have gotten a bit overzealous with the reverse sear!  It sure does make a great steak when done properly!

Mike

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Truly beautiful, Mike! A picture that pretty deserves points!

Disco

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.