Tri tip SV ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JIMSMOKES

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
Greenville SC
Had a tri tip that had to be cooked but will be a couple days before we want to eat it. Cooked it yesterday cooled and put it in fridge.
If I reheated in SV and let it go for a extended period. (8-12 hours)Would it end up being tenderer or just mushy?

Reactions: JLeonard
Jim,
When I have vacuum sealed leftover beef and SV'd, it has turned out great.

Reactions: JLeonard
Well I'm fixin to find out. Put it on this mornin @140 before I left for work.

Had a tri tip that had to be cooked but will be a couple days before we want to eat it. Cooked it yesterday cooled and put it in fridge.
If I reheated in SV and let it go for a extended period. (8-12 hours)Would it end up being tenderer or just mushy?
You should be fine. 140 will reduce a chuck roast to mush but it takes 48 hours plus. In all reality you could have just reheated the steak after work, should only take about 1 hour at 140 to come to temp.
You may notice the meat being a little soft but otherwise should be fine. Personally I probably would have ran it at 131 for all day. That’s the temp where pasteurization starts and is bare minimum for food safety.

Ended up with temp being set at 131 instead of 140. Guess I didn't hit enter. LoL Nice pepper forward flavor will make some good sammies tomorrow.

20220819_072335.jpg
20220819_183537.jpg
20220819_183953.jpg

Attachments

• 20220819_183537.jpg
    20220819_183537.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 2
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky