Tri Tip smoked like brisket ( another covid cook)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
I know.....but just try it. Patted 1 down with SPG and MC Holy Cow and 1 with Kosmos Q Texas Beef and Cow Cover. Used pecan chunks for extra smoke @ 250* Tri Tip in smoker.jpg
Wrapped around 170 IT and pulled at 203. Let rest in cooler for an hr
Tri Tip in smoker.jpg Brisket smoked Tri Tip 4.jpg
Both were very tasty !

Attachments

• Brisket smoked tri tip 2.jpg
    Brisket smoked tri tip 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
  • brisket Smoked tri tip.jpg
    brisket Smoked tri tip.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Plated Tri Tip.jpg
    Plated Tri Tip.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 34
Looks good. At the price brisket is around here, I might just try that.
Gary
Thanks Gary. I think it was $6.99 lb at WalMart. The only local store that has them with a fat cap.
I don't have a lot of storage space for leftovers so the smaller cut works for us. My new Inkbird vacuum sealer jsut arrived so that made soon change.

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks great. Nice work. I can only get it at Wally world too. Sam's has Brisket under $3 /lb most of the time.
I use the Inkbird Vac sealer a lot for leftovers, and we get several meals out of leftovers. Most of them taste as good or better than the original meals.

Thanks MJB . My vac sealer came in Sunday and I definitely think it's going to be a game changer as far as leftovers go !

Definitely gamechanger. I've never had one before, and now it's used a lot. Best thing I've ever gotten. When I think of all of the leftovers gone to waste over the years, sheesh!

It is so juicy looking, I will have to give this method a try, I always smoke TT to about 130, but I have to say that yours looks soooo tender & juicy, I will definitely give this a go!
Al

Same here! And that's what did it for me after all the time, money, and effort involved in cooking to just toss it out 3 days later

It is so juicy looking, I will have to give this method a try, I always smoke TT to about 130, but I have to say that yours looks soooo tender & juicy, I will definitely give this a go!
Al
Thanks Al. It was tender and juicy. I've tried it both ways at my house and this is the family's preferred method.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky