• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tri Tip smoked like brisket ( another covid cook)

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
I know.....but just try it. Patted 1 down with SPG and MC Holy Cow and 1 with Kosmos Q Texas Beef and Cow Cover. Used pecan chunks for extra smoke @ 250* Tri Tip in smoker.jpg
Wrapped around 170 IT and pulled at 203. Let rest in cooler for an hr
Tri Tip in smoker.jpg Brisket smoked Tri Tip 4.jpg
Both were very tasty !

Attachments

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Looks good. At the price brisket is around here, I might just try that.
Gary

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Looks good. At the price brisket is around here, I might just try that.
Gary
Thanks Gary. I think it was $6.99 lb at WalMart. The only local store that has them with a fat cap.
I don't have a lot of storage space for leftovers so the smaller cut works for us. My new Inkbird vacuum sealer jsut arrived so that made soon change.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
I always long cook TT for brisket flat only replacement. Much better IMHO.
Nice job.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Looks great. Nice work. I can only get it at Wally world too. Sam's has Brisket under $3 /lb most of the time.
I use the Inkbird Vac sealer a lot for leftovers, and we get several meals out of leftovers. Most of them taste as good or better than the original meals.

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Thanks MJB . My vac sealer came in Sunday and I definitely think it's going to be a game changer as far as leftovers go !

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Definitely gamechanger. I've never had one before, and now it's used a lot. Best thing I've ever gotten. When I think of all of the leftovers gone to waste over the years, sheesh!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It is so juicy looking, I will have to give this method a try, I always smoke TT to about 130, but I have to say that yours looks soooo tender & juicy, I will definitely give this a go!
Al

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Same here! And that's what did it for me after all the time, money, and effort involved in cooking to just toss it out 3 days later

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
It is so juicy looking, I will have to give this method a try, I always smoke TT to about 130, but I have to say that yours looks soooo tender & juicy, I will definitely give this a go!
Al
Thanks Al. It was tender and juicy. I've tried it both ways at my house and this is the family's preferred method.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
YumO !!
Looks Awesome!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.