Trader Joe's Wines

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Probably not going to be stopping at Traders for a while after this last stop. Going to stock up on wine. Any must haves you like from them? I am looking at this site getting some ideas.

I picked this port up last time. I am loving it. More of a dessert wine but so good.

20210210_162054.jpg

Last edited:
Works pretty good in mushrooms too :emoji_wink: I'm not a wine drinker but hope you find all the goodies you're looking for.

Robert
I will have to try that mushroom one. Really it takes me a few weeks to drink a bottle of wine but like sometimes with dinner. So glad you turned me on to this port. This still half full from when I made that gravy!

I have heard about TJ wines being cheap and pretty good. I am not sure they are allowed to sell wine in my state, have to look. I have friends that go to Costco's in CA and are buying 1.75 bottles of vodka for $11. The tall bottle there is $29.99 and it is gray goose. Seems kirkland bought the old gray goose factory and produces it themselves. I have seen a chemical analysis on it years ago and it was identical to gray goose at half the price.

I have heard about TJ wines being cheap and pretty good. I am not sure they are allowed to sell wine in my state, have to look. I have friends that go to Costco's in CA and are buying 1.75 bottles of vodka for $11. The tall bottle there is $29.99 and it is gray goose. Seems kirkland bought the old gray goose factory and produces it themselves. I have seen a chemical analysis on it years ago and it was identical to gray goose at half the price.
Trader has really good wines from $4 to $8 range which is normally the ones I buy. As I will be retiring in a couple weeks and the store is going to be out of my way now I am wanting to splurge a little.

Wines are so complex...
Sometimes you want to drink them within a minute of opening the bottle. Other times best to wait 20 minutes.
Sometimes a day-old opened bottle still taste fine, other times they're worthless.
And it's impossible to know these things! (Dang, where did I leave my time machine?)
But ports and sweet dessert wines don't have this problem...and there's a lot to be said for that.
But hey, bourbon doesn't have that problem either.

I made this list. Gonna call it quits around $100. They going to be a couple $15 but the rest $6 - 10 mostly.

Trader Joe’s Platinum Reserve Oakville Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $14.99

Maison Barboulot Cabernet-Syrah – Full-Blown Delicious $5.99

Poggio Vicino Brunello di Montalcino – Bargain Basement Brunello? $16.99

Trader Joe’s Platinum Reserve Rutherford Napa Cabernet – Pretty Darn Nice $14.99

Fallen Bridge Petite Sirah – A Lucky Break $5.99

Ile De Conas Rouge Souplesse – Super Smooth $8.99

Roustabout Meritage – Easy-Going $7.99

Elevation 1250 Paso Robles Red Wine – Highly Tasty $7.99

Chateau Fontana Rouge – Budget Bordeaux $7.99

Javier San Pedro Randez Tempranillo – Trader Joe’s Strikes Again $7.99

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc Viognier – Still The King $8

Trader Joe’s Reserve Wahluke Slope Cabernet – A Vanilla Bomb $9.99

Oxte The Silence Red Blend – Good Advice and A Good Buy $5.99

La Garenne Red Blend – Bordeaux on the Cheap $7.99

Trader Joe’s Reserve Petit Verdot Lot 154 – A Lot To Love $9.99

Amancay Malbec Reserva – Simple and Easy $7

Bois de Menge Gigondas – Balanced and Easy $6

Thomas Allen Selections Cabernet Sauvignon – Serious Value $6.99

Pagos del Rey Condado de Oriza Reserva – Up To Par? $10.99

Vega del Origon Gran Reserva – A $6 Steal

Trader Joe’s Reserve Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon – Plummy! $10

Trader Joe’s Reserve Napa Valley Petite Sirah – Value $9.99

Albero Monastrell – A Trader Joe’s Top Choice $6.99

Kings of Prohibition Cabernet Shiraz Red Blend – Hitting on All Eight $8.99

Hecht & Bannier Languedoc Rouge – Authentically Tasty $8

Last edited:
Reactions: noboundaries
I would trade anything for wine/booze! out government manages the liquor stores here. its ok, i wouldnt move over it, but when we drive across state lines we fill the car! last time we brought back almost 1K in wine and booze - saving at lese $250. worth while we are there, not sure I would make the drive just for the booze, but once im unemployed...maybe i will :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky