Too much curing salt in brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you soak the meat in 3 changes of 1 Gallon of water. You will reduce the Cure to an amount that is safe. Unfortunately, this will pull out regular salt, sugar and any spices. These will need to be replaced...JJ
How long do I need to soak the meat? And does it make the jerky a weird texture or anything like that?

Sorry I've never used a forum struggling with figuring out how to reply correctly. With soaking it is that just like soaking it in water?I don't quite understand
Glad to see you join here stick around this is the best of the best forums so all I can say now is Welcome to SMF
Richie

The meat is thin. So it will release the Cure quickly. 30 minute soaks should be plenty. After soaking, lay out on paper towels and pat dry. Add back your flavorings and seasonings, marinate 4 hours to overnight, and proceed. Heat to 160°F then reduce to 140 and let it dry...JJ

BTW. Can you post the whole recipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky