Tonights cheese "Qview"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Canton Ohio
655d1736_DSCF1141.jpg

Here is the bounty of my first cold smoke!! We have sharp cheddar, colby jack, and aged swiss.

Was smoked using a cardboard box, tin can and a soldering iron, came out pretty good if you ask me!! We used Cherry chips for the wood.

*note* the swiss did have an even color to it (though slightly darker on the corners) but for some reason the picture makes it look uneven??

So what do you guys think??

head over to Amish country and stock up on cheese at Heini's

Looks good too ,you're going to be hooked !!

Thanks everyone!! We cheated and tried a small sliver off the end (hey we had to) since it was our first cheese!! It is already tasty, can't wait to see what it's like in a few weeks!!

And I'm thinking more will be done Sunday when we go back to the grocery store!

Hmmmmmmmm, cold smoked cheese and some sourdough bread would go great together.
biggrin.gif

Reactions: jojo22
I'm on like my 4th batch since this original post, I have modified the box to include a dryer vent and a fan, so I can smoke in the house! No worse than a wood burning stove!

Looking good, I have found that if you want a heavier smoke flavor, all you have to do is use a "family size" can!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky