• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tonights cheese "Qview"

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 26, 2010

Here is the bounty of my first cold smoke!! We have sharp cheddar, colby jack, and aged swiss.

Was smoked using a cardboard box, tin can and a soldering iron, came out pretty good if you ask me!! We used Cherry chips for the wood.

*note* the swiss did have an even color to it (though slightly darker on the corners) but for some reason the picture makes it look uneven??

So what do you guys think??

nakom

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 7, 2010
I think it looks great congratz on some fine looking cheese.

Nick

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 21, 2009
MMMM That looks great!  Wrap it up for a couple of weeks and its gonna taste great too!

Better start another batch soon....Trust me!

SOB

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
head over to Amish country and stock up on cheese at Heini's

Looks good too ,you're going to be hooked !!

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 26, 2010
Thanks everyone!! We cheated and tried a small sliver off the end (hey we had to) since it was our first cheese!! It is already tasty, can't wait to see what it's like in a few weeks!!

And I'm thinking more will be done Sunday when we go back to the grocery store!

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks good. The hardest part is waiting. We never use to wait we would eat it all right away. But it does mellow out a lot if you let it rest. 

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
*note* the swiss did have an even color to it (though slightly darker on the corners) but for some reason the picture makes it look uneven??
Did you use a flash?  Sometimes the flash causes close up things to get washed out in color.

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Hmmmmmmmm, cold smoked cheese and some sourdough bread would go great together.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Great looking cheese, Give a month if ya can hold out. I have some a year old and it rocks.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that looks very good.  Now that it is cold I need to start smoking some cheese

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 26, 2010
I'm on like my 4th batch since this original post, I have modified the box to include a dryer vent and a fan, so I can smoke in the house! No worse than a wood burning stove!

Looking good, I have found that if you want a heavier smoke flavor, all you have to do is use a "family size" can!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.