1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Toggle Latches for a WSM 22"

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by danbono, Jul 16, 2018.

1. danbono

danbono Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi All I'm thinking of latching my middle section to the bottom bowl ..I saw a post some where on, can't find it.
    The reason I'm latching is I put a hinge on the WSM some times when I open the top the middle section moves away for the bottom bowl. It is a MPIA when it does happen.
    Thanks Dan

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Dan, Cajun Bandit sells cylinder locking kit that attaches your mid section to the legs. I haven't used it or seen it in person, so I can't offer an opinion.

Chris

3. danbono

Hi Looking for some thing like this,maybe in Lowe's or Home Depot.
    http://www.natman.com/detail/v35-draw-hasps-n210-872

Thanks Dan

4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

The one in the link looks like it has a flat bottom. That could be a problem with the lip at the joint of the WSM. You'd have to raise it up a little with washers or something.

Chris.

5. danbono

6. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Never used them . Looks like one clip to me , that has to go under the door and hook to the opening . Would have to have the lid hinge across from it to prevent tipping . Don't think it holds it all together , like for lifting .

7. danbono

Hi I'm not concerned in the lifting part. It is just when open the lid at times the middle section moves on bottom bowl.
    THanks Dan

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018