Tired of Left Overs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Finally ran out of turkey day left overs. With several meals of BCC and PP in the freezer we thought about something a little different. Found a 1/2 pork loin hiding in the freezer since August, time to free the pig. Nothing exotic just plain and simple. Rubbed with Tony's and dark brown sugar the day before, smoked at 250* for 3hrs. over apple. A little old fashion pan fried gravy over fries. This turned out to be the most tender and juiciest loin yet. Just love the way my Pit Boss 820D with an Alpha Dual controller is working. And my better half already has plans for the left-overs.
20191205_180504.jpg
20191205_181344.jpg

Good question. Now I've dug through the trash to find the rapper. The label says "up to 8% water and salt." I've never had a brined pork loin before that I know of. Guess I better start reading the labels.

Reactions: JC in GB
Gravy fries and a perfectly cooked loin. Welllll dogggy - it doesn't get any better then that.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: martin1950
Well Redneckviddle, I'm headed off on my old man afternoon nap BUT as soon as I git up, I'll run'er through a low-temp test fer ya, O.K.?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky