Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks excellent.

I have never done any pepper jack, but it sounds like it would be fantastic.

I have some cheddar and some string cheese in the fridge right now that I smoked on the 17th. I can't wait to break into some of it.

Keep us informed.

Looks great, first cheese I did was with Pitmaster blend liked it a lot. Next batch used the corn cob and smoked for a extra hour didn't care for it but I'll try some more soon and maybe do a mailbox mod sometime.

That looks excellent.

I have never done any pepper jack, but it sounds like it would be fantastic.

I have some cheddar and some string cheese in the fridge right now that I smoked on the 17th. I can't wait to break into some of it.

Keep us informed.
Thanks Sigmo, ooohhhh man, you've got to try some Pepper Jack, it is unbelievable good.
Looks great, first cheese I did was with Pitmaster blend liked it a lot. Next batch used the corn cob and smoked for a extra hour didn't care for it but I'll try some more soon and maybe do a mailbox mod sometime.
This is going with a mailbox and I have never had a bad batch. Thanks B-one!
Smoked Tillamook Pepper Jack is our favorite!

WOOHOO!

Nice color on that cheese John!

I bet it's going to be good!

Al
Thanks Al, I love the PJ

RHD, YUMMY!
Thanks CM!
Looks awesome John !
icon14.gif
You've reminded me I need to get some going !
Crank that batch up WHB! Perfect weather here. Thanks

Got it all vac packed up tonight and in the fridge.

Last edited:
Great colors! How long did you smoke it for?

Hi Dave, I smoked it total time of around 12-14hrs - 3 different smokes with overnight rests in-between.

Wow that is a long time. I normally do 4-6 hrs max for the whole 2.5lb block then seal for 2-4 weeks before slicing into portions.

When you do it for 12 hours is it super strong?

John That looks great,we do not have that brand anywere near me.Nice job

Richie

icon14.gif

The Tillamook pepper jack is already good, you just made it great!

My bride goes to OR a few times a year and brings some back for me from the factory.

John That looks great,we do not have that brand anywere near me.Nice job

Richie

icon14.gif
Thanks! Yep Richie, its a West Coast creamery, they make phenomenal cheese.

The Tillamook pepper jack is already good, you just made it great!

My bride goes to OR a few times a year and brings some back for me from the factory.
Thanks Charlie. Tillamook is the best in my book!
Looks delicious!
 Thanks Jay

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky