Three Turkeys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fellure5

Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
I posted a question in the Poultry forum, but hoping for some more help. I am smoking three 16-20 lb. turkeys for Thanksgiving in a brand new Masterbuilt Digital. This is my second MB. The question is can I smoke all three at once, and how much extra time should I account for three turkeys, if one turkey requires about six hours? It has been suggested I smoke one separately, and I can do that but would prefer to smoke all three at once. I do want to smoke them as whole turkeys. Thanks for any help.

Help with a bump, but as long as you have same temp it’ll all cook the same. Rotate based on hotspots, but calculate temp changes for amount of meat until you hit cooking temp. Spatchcocked helps! Have a meat probe for each bird!

Reactions: Stingh2
Last weekend, I cut a 15 lb. turkey in half, and spatchcocked and flattened another 9 lb. breast. At the top temp in my MES40 (275°), it took 6 hours.

I thought you got some pretty solid advice in your other thread from some mes pros. What stood out to me was all the comments about how 60lb of cold meat was really going to give you trouble getting your smoker up to temp and more importantly getting your turkeys out of the danger zone in enough time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky