Three Pork Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

notaryglenn

Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
In few days I will smoke 3 pork butts for a retirement party at my wifes place of employment. Question: 2 butts are 7 1/2 lbs each. The third butt is 9 3/4 lbs, should I put the large one in the smoker 2 to 3 hours before the other 2 smaller ones so that they finish hopefully at the same time?

Your calculations are right on butt still check the internal temps. Also, put the big one in the hottest part of your grill.

beard

Since all pieces of meat cook differently I tend to just start them all early and as they finish put them in a warm dry cooler to let them rest and stay hot. If you have a hot spot as was said put the big one there.

What Piney said. They will keep for hours after foiling and being put in a cooler. Sometimes these things can suprise you and the big one's finish first!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky