thinking of spring!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
With the snow storm we had lastnight i needed a little mid winter pick me up!!! I got to lookin at some of our pictures of my farm and the fruit market to help with the winter blues. Thought i would show ya afew,may help some of the members with the winter blues like me!

Here is strawberry season

17dd4fa9_strawquartsres.jpg

Some of our homeade strawberry jam

2d9650a3_strawjamres.jpg

Here are some green and red peppers

1a2899e8_peppersres.jpg

Some green and yellow squash

c0da0c66_ptasticsquashres.jpg

Here is some from inside our fruitmarket

b0334d6e_counterres.jpg

4d31fe39_insidestandres.jpg

4bbbb4a2_outsidestandres.jpg

72218eb5_pumpres.jpg

And some corn fresh picked by hand

96525646_cornres.jpg

Just afew pics from last season. I love what i do and can't wait till spring!...Thanks for looking, LES

You have a very nice looking place there.  I can see why you are looking forward to spring. Thanks for the tour.

Wow that's awesome. How many acres in production? Thanks for the pics feel free to add more for us to drool over

We have 300 acres of concord grapes 55 acres of niagra grapes,11 acres of strawberries,1 acre of red raspberries.Then anually we plant 35-40 acres oof sweet corn,3 acres of tomatoes,10 acres of pumpkins along with onions,green,yellow,red peppers,jalapenos,cabbage,beans,grean and yellow squash,beets,egg plant,watermelon,cantelope,peas,probly more but i can't think of right now. total acre for veggies is around 70-80.total acres for the whole farm is around 475.Its alot of work as only myself and my family work on it so we only have 4 full time people,my mother and sister work the fruit market we run the farm.If you have anymore questions feel free!! I have afew more pics i might put up...LES

Here ya go piney,i found a few more pics

this is the farm from my buddys ultralight.

0e84de3b_homeres1.jpg

d044939a_homeres2.jpg

afd19559_homeres4.jpg

6095d03d_7810res.jpg

and some more random pics

f4b444dd_deerres.jpg

b34cfb6c_pondres.jpg

7f380155_signres.jpg

If you all enjoy them i'll be sure to take alot more in the spring,maybe do a little whats in season type thing,let me know!

Very nice are there fish in the pond?

oh yeah,we stock the pond every few years...we can't help ourseleves to take a few for dinner every now and again!!!

I like the in season type idea if you have time. Looks like you all have plenty to do to keep up.Your farm is beautiful. The rest of us can only drool.

Thanks for the upbeat photos of your farm, it looks great. For me, the next 2 months are the longest of the year as it seems to take forever for Spring to arrive. Right now it's snowing here outside Philadelphia, can't even do anything outside which really sucks. Come on warm weather!

Wow dont know how I missed this one. What a great and pretty place you have. And I thought I had work with 1.3 Acres LOL

Thanks for all the kind words....to scar in full swing of summer its no problem to work 100hrs. a week.thereis always something that needs done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky