Thighs & Drums (Air Fried in the Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Thighs & Drums (Air Fried in the Ninja)

I made some Drums & Thighs before in My Ninja Smart Grill, set on Air Fryer, and they were Great, but these turned out even better!!!
This Newest Toy makes Great food, but really outdoes itself when it comes to Chicken Parts, with or without Bones.
So this time it’s 4 Drums & 3 Thighs that I sprinkled some CBP, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika on before Refrigerating for a few hours.
Then I plugged in the Ninja, set it on “Air Fryer”, and set it on 390° for 30 minutes.
Then after 10 minutes I flipped them all and sauced both sides.
After another 8 minutes, flipped them all again & sauced the top side.
After 4 more minutes they were all over 180°, and had nice color, so I shut it down.
The Drums got Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce (Her’s), and the Thighs got Jeff’s BBQ Sauce (Mine).
The first Night’s Supper had Peas on the side, and Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy.

My Second Night’s Supper I cut up a Thigh & a Drum, and stirred it all up with some Teriyaki Noodles in a Hot Copper pan on the stove.

Then on the Third Night, I split a Small Steak roll into two pieces, put some of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce on each of them, and then a bunch of cut up pieces of Drums & Thighs on top. I also added some more of that Teriyaki Noodle stuff on the side.

The flavors we get from things made in this Ninja are Amazing!

Thanks for stopping by.

Bear

4 Drums & 3 Thighs seasoned & ready for the Ninja:
IMG_7168.jpeg

Getting nice color in the Air Fryer Crisper Basket:
IMG_7170.jpeg

Nice & Crispy & ready for Removal:
IMG_7171.jpeg

First night, One Thigh, Peas, and Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy:
IMG_7172.jpeg

Cutting up a Drum & a Thigh for Second Night:
IMG_7178.jpeg

Second Night's Supper---Stir the Chicken with Teriyaki Noodles, in a Copper Frying Pan:
IMG_7181.jpeg

Third night---Coat 2 Half-Rolls with Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_7182.jpeg

Cover with Chicken slices, and add some Teriyaki Noodles on the side:
IMG_7183.jpeg

Another View of Bear's third Night's Supper:
IMG_7184.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 12
Wow Bear! Those look incredible. It gets much hotter here i ready to starting cooking inside. I have couple rainbow trout in the MES. I have had pretty good luck buying fish 1/2 off but I not sure of these. When dumped the brine smelled pretty fishy. We will see.

Wow Bear! Those look incredible. It gets much hotter here i ready to starting cooking inside. I have couple rainbow trout in the MES. I have had pretty good luck buying fish 1/2 off but I not sure of these. When dumped the brine smelled pretty fishy. We will see.

Thank You Brian!!
Fish is the only thing I've been breading before AirFrying. I like Chicken Parts much better Naked, like I did these above.
This Ninja does the inside & the outside just right.

Bear

Those look great, John. That color and crispness look perfectly cooked. All 3 meals look delicious. Great job.

Bear, John,
I see a whole new tutorial coming from you now in the air frying method. I have real interest in it for fries and dry breaded fish.
I'm setting in more on these threads if you will allow me to tag along.

Great looking meals right there Bear. One nice cook screeched into many great meals. That's using your thinking cap
Love your ninja. ( I'm still waiting for it to go on sale at Canadian Tire , They have great sales on lots of items 25-50 % off, just have to be patient )

Great cooks as always Bear

David

PS: that was/is a great thing you did with your smokers, did they all go yet,

The bird looks very good! Love the char on the BBQ sauce. Are those Lipton teriyaki noodle packs? They are great with chicken.

Looks real good from VT bear.

Point for sure
Chris

Bear those look great! Guess I need to use my Air Fryer once winter starts back up.

Thanks Raven!!
Sure makes Great Chicken!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

It all looks fantastic Bear! Nice job using it for multiple meals!

Thank You Charlie!!
LOL---Got a lot of practice with the multiple meals trick.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those look great, John. That color and crispness look perfectly cooked. All 3 meals look delicious. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
This Ninja is Killer!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear, John,
I see a whole new tutorial coming from you now in the air frying method. I have real interest in it for fries and dry breaded fish.
I'm setting in more on these threads if you will allow me to tag along.

It does a lot of stuff Great, and I'm working on it.
And You're welcome any time!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking meals right there Bear. One nice cook screeched into many great meals. That's using your thinking cap
Love your ninja. ( I'm still waiting for it to go on sale at Canadian Tire , They have great sales on lots of items 25-50 % off, just have to be patient )

Great cooks as always Bear

David

PS: that was/is a great thing you did with your smokers, did they all go yet,

Thank You David!!
Hope you can get one soon!!
So far only my newest one (Gen #2.5) is gone.
The other 2 are still available.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Got some nice color on those .
Great way to do chicken parts .

Thank You Rich!!
It's even better than it looks.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky