Thermopen "open box" sale is on again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dward51

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 24, 2011
McDonough, GA
If you are in the market for a Themopen, they have another one of their famous "open box" sales on right now.  Includes the regular and back lit models.  Regular is $74 and back lit is $90.

http://www.thermoworks.com/products...ontent=inbox&utm_campaign=Jan2014-Open-Box-cs

I bought one of their "open box" units two years ago and it was brand new in a sealed retail blister package.  I'm pretty sure everyone who has commented on the sale before also had a "new" unit but your mileage may vary.  They do have the full Thermoworks warranty though.

If you don't have one of these, now is the time to buy one (they usually only do this once a year right after the holidays).

Comes in your choice of colors (until that color is sold out). I bought an orange "regular" model and may pick up a back lit one this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: seenred
Good heads up I was ready to buy one at full price.

When I got to check out it had me down for two, one at discount refurbished and one new one at full price.

Be carful and review the order before you hit submit.

Thanks again.

Scott

Last edited:
How much are they regularly?

☞ Sent from here☜
$96 dollars for the regular "splash proof" model and $112 for the backlit version.  Plus $2.99 shipping on orders over $49

I just checked the link I posted at the start of this thread and the sale prices of $74 and $90 are still good.  You have to use the link to the special open box sale to get the price.  If you just go to their site it does not show the "special price".  They email these and other special sales to subscribers, so it's worth signing up for their notices even if you don't buy one this time (or if you buy another).

And remember...... Orange is the faster model!

Last edited:
Reactions: texastitan
Just placed an order the the fast red one.
sausage.gif

Well got mine don't know how the new ones are packaged the only thing was a sticker on outside package that said open box unit is all. It looks new to me even if it isn't.

Thanks for the link! I went on a bit of a smoker spending spree yesterday. Ordered a thermapen and found a awesome price on a BBQ guru digiQ DX2 so I scooped that up also. Can't wait til they get here!

Thanks for the heads up went ahead and ordered a british racing green one. I have wanted one for a couple years now finally just bit the bullet and bought one.

Apparently they are packaging them differently now.  The one I bought a while back came in a heat sealed blister pack (the type you would see hanging on a retail rack).  It did have a "open box" sticker on the sealed blister pack though (I guess if you sticker it as "open" it is, even though it was 100% sealed).  It was not in a box like the photos above.    New, open box, refurb.... either way it's a good price on a great product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky