Thermometer's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome.  I use the Maverick Dual Probe Wireless and Love it.  I can mow the yard over 150 feet away from it and still reads perfectly. 

what do you mean by calibrate your thermometer every time??
Duggy, I'm just a noob here, but I think you'd calibrate your thermo by measuring the thermo against a known value.  Icewater=32 F......boiling water = ~212F (make sure you adjust for your local altitude)

Best

Flip switch to Celsius. Set thermometers alarm to 100 degrees, if you have one.

Drop probe into pot of water, make sure it does not touch the pot itself. It helps if you have a clothespin or something similar.

Turn the pot up high. When it boils, your alarm should sound. If not, adjust the gauge using your manufacturers instructions.

Either boiling water , which boils @ 212 degrees or ice water bath . 32 degrees or so. check any thermo you use this way .That way you know if it is off and how much and you know the difference in multiple thermos.

Last edited:
Isn't it terrible... I can NEVER remember the Fahrenheit boiling temp, which is why I suggested flipping to Celsius.  My friend suggested I stick it in my mouth and hope for 98.6 LOL
Either boiling water , which boils @ 212 degrees or ice water bath . 32 degrees or so. check any thermo you use this way .That way you know if it is off and how much and you know the difference in multiple thermos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky