Thermo-Works "Smoke" Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

conradjw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2019
I just purchased a new Smokin-It Model #3 electric smoker. In the past I built my own smokers and was pretty successful smoking just about everything and learning many lessons along the way for over 45 years.

Now that I am in my 60's I am getting a little lazy and tired of baby sitting smokers for hours and many times through the night.

So this is why I went to the electric smoker where it becomes a more of set it forget mode but you still can get a decent smoked product in the end.

With that said I am looking for a decent thermometer and was leaning toward a Thermo-Works model "Smoke".

Does anyone have past relationship with one of these? Just looking for some solid feedback on this device?

Looking for simple, sturdy, dependable.

Thanks

I love my Thermoworks Smoke. It's all of what you want: simple, sturdy, dependable.

I would buy another one without hesitation if something ever happened to it. I have a Thermoworks Thermopen that needed service once and their customer service was top notch and they took care of my Thermopen quickly so I have no doubt you'll be in great hands if any issues did arise with the Smoke.

The Smoke is certainly solid, and easy to use. Had mine for a few years now and it works flawlessly. You might want to pick up the Gateway as well while it's still on sale - if you ever intend to do any remote (over the internet) monitoring.

I bought a Smoke about a week and a half ago, only to see a few days later it was on sale for 30% off. I reached out to them and they honored their sales price and gave me the credit. Talk about great service.

I also just got the gateway, for 50% off and connected it up over the weekend. I really like it. The data logging and graphing are fantastic. I have been skeptical on the accuracy of the thermostat in my oven and the app verified my thoughts. I could actually see what was going on and try to get the issue corrected.

I have three or four thermoworks thermometers (not the smoke tho) love them all. great company too. they also make great silicone spatulas...fyi

I have had one for a couple three years... I dropped it one day and broke the kickstand... called to order a new one and told them the story.. It was all my fault... they sent me a new one at no charge... Then I had an issue with one of the probes... The plug was not making connection some times.. called to order a new one.. they sent it at no charge... this was all after the warranty was out...

Talk a bout great customer service ...

I also have two of the Therma pens ...

Thanks Everyone for your honest opinions on this product.

I think I will order one and give it a try and see what happens!

Happy Smoking!!

Well now I have my Smokin-it #3 smoker and a thermoworks smoke thermometer.

Now still working on a couple of other things I need to figure out and I will be all set.

* cold smoking for low temperatures.

* and moisture removal when making jerky

The wish list never ends.

You will be very happy with the smoke. I like mine so much, I bought another to run my weber grill while I run my smoker.

Reactions: whistlepig
I have the smoke and an inkbird 4 probe thermometers. I really like the ease of use for the smoke. And it is loud enough for me to hear when it alarms.

As far as getting moisture out when making jerky, I use a 3 in fan that pulls 23 CFM and is 120 v. Turning my #3 up to 140-160 and using the fan it takes 4-6 hours to get my jerky dry. Search Amazon for "AC Infinity AXIAL 8038" that is the one I use.

Reactions: whistlepig
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky