• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thermo-Works "Smoke" Thermometer

conradjw

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 27, 2019
I just purchased a new Smokin-It Model #3 electric smoker. In the past I built my own smokers and was pretty successful smoking just about everything and learning many lessons along the way for over 45 years.

Now that I am in my 60's I am getting a little lazy and tired of baby sitting smokers for hours and many times through the night.

So this is why I went to the electric smoker where it becomes a more of set it forget mode but you still can get a decent smoked product in the end.

With that said I am looking for a decent thermometer and was leaning toward a Thermo-Works model "Smoke".

Does anyone have past relationship with one of these? Just looking for some solid feedback on this device?

Looking for simple, sturdy, dependable.

Thanks

Joined Oct 31, 2018
I love my Thermoworks Smoke. It's all of what you want: simple, sturdy, dependable.

I would buy another one without hesitation if something ever happened to it. I have a Thermoworks Thermopen that needed service once and their customer service was top notch and they took care of my Thermopen quickly so I have no doubt you'll be in great hands if any issues did arise with the Smoke.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
The Smoke is certainly solid, and easy to use. Had mine for a few years now and it works flawlessly. You might want to pick up the Gateway as well while it's still on sale - if you ever intend to do any remote (over the internet) monitoring.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
I have a bunch of different digital / wireless thermometers and the Thermoworks Smoke is by far my favorite. You can't go wrong with it.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
I bought one a couple of years ago then bought another off eBay a month or so later at a great price. Solid and accurate

Bytor

Joined Jan 16, 2020
I bought a Smoke about a week and a half ago, only to see a few days later it was on sale for 30% off. I reached out to them and they honored their sales price and gave me the credit. Talk about great service.

I also just got the gateway, for 50% off and connected it up over the weekend. I really like it. The data logging and graphing are fantastic. I have been skeptical on the accuracy of the thermostat in my oven and the app verified my thoughts. I could actually see what was going on and try to get the issue corrected.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I have three or four thermoworks thermometers (not the smoke tho) love them all. great company too. they also make great silicone spatulas...fyi

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Inkbird makes some very nice 4 probe units also. Very easy to set. Rechargeable.
thermoworks are good also

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
I have had one for a couple three years... I dropped it one day and broke the kickstand... called to order a new one and told them the story.. It was all my fault... they sent me a new one at no charge... Then I had an issue with one of the probes... The plug was not making connection some times.. called to order a new one.. they sent it at no charge... this was all after the warranty was out...

Talk a bout great customer service ...

I also have two of the Therma pens ...

conradjw

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 27, 2019
Thanks Everyone for your honest opinions on this product.

I think I will order one and give it a try and see what happens!

Happy Smoking!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great product, have had one for several years & haven't even had a probe go bad yet.
Al

conradjw

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 27, 2019
Well now I have my Smokin-it #3 smoker and a thermoworks smoke thermometer.

Now still working on a couple of other things I need to figure out and I will be all set.

* cold smoking for low temperatures.

* and moisture removal when making jerky

The wish list never ends.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
You will be very happy with the smoke. I like mine so much, I bought another to run my weber grill while I run my smoker.

Lonzinomaker

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 8, 2018
I have the smoke and an inkbird 4 probe thermometers. I really like the ease of use for the smoke. And it is loud enough for me to hear when it alarms.

As far as getting moisture out when making jerky, I use a 3 in fan that pulls 23 CFM and is 120 v. Turning my #3 up to 140-160 and using the fan it takes 4-6 hours to get my jerky dry. Search Amazon for "AC Infinity AXIAL 8038" that is the one I use.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2011
Tried my new Smoke out yesterday. Of the three remote thermometers I have owned the Smoke by far the best.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.