Them thar heat beads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Phew! - that sounds much better. Yes it can be a pain when that happens. Allowing it to get too cool for a short period of time is much more preferable than allowing it to get way too hot 
icon14.gif

That is why I first bought my data logger. It records the meat and smoking chamber temperature every 60 seconds and I can download it in real time to my PC if something unexpected happens. When you first do this you then realise just what effect taking the lid off the smoker actually has on the internal temperature.

Whats the data logger, Wade?
Huh - it is a good thing that I can cancel out the background static on here. They just have no respect 
biggrin.gif

Anyway - I know that you are interested, but to help keep the attention of the unwashed masses I will try to keep it brief.

I use ThermaData TCD http://thermometer.co.uk/data-loggers/1001-thermocouple-therma-data-logger.html. It works really well and produces great graphs.

Here is the post from when I first got it. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/170160/new-toy-data-logger

Don't worry about Steve and Danny. They will both settle down when they get their new boxes of crayons.

Last edited:
Excellent post Wade,  another bit of kit on the wish list,  I just need to be able to justify it,  but unfortunately I can't.

My latest toy is a new log splitter. 

Boys and their toys Eh

Last edited:

Excellent post Wade,  another bit of kit on the wish list,  I just need to be able to justify it,  but unfortunately I can't.

My latest toy is a new log splitter. 

Boys and their toys Eh
Hehe - I don't know what you mean. They are essential tools that we just cannot do without 
biggrin.gif

At least that's what I tell Joyce. I think she believes me.

lurk.gif

I love looking at the log splitters when I visit the local wood fairs. I have always wanted one of those 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky