The X-Fire Ribeye!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Introducing the video story @ The X-Fire Ribeye!

See the picture story below.....

Since the last cook on the X-Fire hit the spot, the wife and boy wanted a do over tonight.....

So started with some nicely marbled ribeyes
92E97CD8-B1E9-4C70-907A-07D25B4E9D08.jpeg

Seasoned up with SPOG & a splash of lemon pepper & sugar....my go to steak rub.
15E2D4E2-1C5F-4324-A861-57CCDDCF3316.jpeg

Prepping the X-Fire by starting a 1/2 chimney of coals.
5764E431-4240-4010-B865-35CCD48BB989.jpeg

All ready with 4 splits of cherry wood fully engaged and ready to go!
F18303D8-0CDB-40E0-91C9-7FC59F67EB15.jpeg

On the went right in the flames for a classic fire sear!
6E6ADDDB-ED99-421A-99DF-C0A769170149.jpeg

Maybe it’s just me but seeing them wrapped in flames is just a beautiful thing!
6F9EC1C3-073C-4E72-B40E-6194A56A3A17.jpeg

nothing but a warm feeling!
2B88EF58-A57C-4B8A-B4DB-78971A3A0DDC.jpeg

Bingo, resting for the feast!
ADA76E05-A993-44E9-A3D2-86BE7DFE98FA.jpeg

The flame sear result!
E6905A97-B3A4-45A5-8DF9-BDD35469CE27.jpeg

The X-Fire Ribeye Plate!
AB9EC1EE-0278-4216-9323-41B8410E3E28.jpeg

Just money, pure Friday night money!
A6A97817-DA74-4FEA-B78E-3AA8DCFF41F6.jpeg

The cut! All smiles!
11858423-6AAA-4DAB-BF70-E5267708F7D5.jpeg

And the tribute pic to the X-Fire Grill. It is now my most favorite cooking tool to date!
8A3F6B71-40F0-45C1-AF23-FB81107347B3.jpeg

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
That's a fine looking rib-eye Civil. You and the X-fire seem to have melded into one bbqing unit.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: I always wanted to ask. Why did you put the grate channels pointy side down( \/\/\/ )
? Doesn't that collect a lot of fat drippings and make cleaning up harder?

"Maybe it’s just me but seeing them wrapped in flames is just a beautiful thing!"

It is a beautiful thing! I'd imagine it to be mesmerizing sitting there with a drink and watching the flames dance around that ribeye. Bib Like! RAY

Looks great
thanks flame!

Another nice job on the cook
Richie
I appreciate it Richie!

That's a great looking plate of chow and it looks like a really fun cook too.

Thanks one eye! It is really fun. I takes almost exactly an hour.....the wife gets the spuds ready while I get the coals and wood ready....the fire is ready to use in 40min ish then the steaks at that thickness are 15 min, then a little resting while plating and bam!
That is a fine looking meal there my friend!
Those steaks look awesome!
Al
Many thanks Al, it was kinda a last minute deal but it came out pretty dang tasty!

Those are some great looking ribeye's. Great job!
Thanks buckeye! Much appreciated

Wow Civil that plate looks mighty fine!

BIG LIKE!

Congrats on the ride...

John
Thanks John! The ride is a nice surprise for sure! I love having the opportunity to share! Good food makes everything better!

That's a fine looking rib-eye Civil. You and the X-fire seem to have melded into one bbqing unit.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: I always wanted to ask. Why did you put the grate channels pointy side down( \/\/\/ )
? Doesn't that collect a lot of fat drippings and make cleaning up harder?
Thanks Chris.....I believe I have a X-F scar appearing in my forehead...lol. Really, I’m just in love with how it cooks!

the vvv down is a Argentina style grate. It is designed to capture the grease and keep a clean grill taste. The whole grate is sloped so as it captures the grease they run off quick. It doesn’t flame up, way less than grill grates in fact. If you look at the YouTube link there is a 20s vid of the steaks cooking. You can see zero flame up. That’s how I can sear in the flame and not have it black. I’ve also learned I have to move them side to side so 1/2 and inch to get a better more uniform sear from the flame!

ps I have a matched reversed angle for cleaning. Simple and quick. It helps that the grease runs off into a collection tray.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and gmc2003
"Maybe it’s just me but seeing them wrapped in flames is just a beautiful thing!"

It is a beautiful thing! I'd imagine it to be mesmerizing sitting there with a drink and watching the flames dance around that ribeye. Bib Like! RAY
thanks RAY! I’ve never made a video for YouTube but after I took video of them grilling I had to go ask the wife and daughter for help....ahhh. I have watched the flames dance A LOT

That looks awesome!! Great job! I love a good sautéed mushroom with ribeye, nice pairing
thanks Wilde! Shrooms are a must for me. I can’t remember a time I haven’t had them with steaks!!! They have a natural flavor enhancer in them!

looks like perfection from here! Beautiful presentation!
Thanks sandy! Is a simple plate but simple has an elegance to it!

Last edited:
kruizer, Mike, five, negolien, shoebe, jjs thanks for the likes they are much appreciated!

Awesome job again man that is one great cooking machine. Son should market his plans or join up with a co. to make them. One thing for sure you will always have #1.

Warren

Awesome job again man that is one great cooking machine. Son should market his plans or join up with a co. to make them. One thing for sure you will always have #1.

Warren
Thanks Warren! The boy and I have sure thought about marketing it......but he wants to be a biomedical chemist.....I’m not going to argue with him!

when he does get a place for it we will have 2 cause I’m not going to give up having one!!! But mine will be always be no 2

Looks great!... .hmmm... maybe steak is on the menu tonight :emoji_wink:

thanks water!.......steak that’s what was for breakfast here!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky