The Ron Man has left us

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
I'm am very sorry to be the bearer of sad news but Ron Philipps.... AKA The Ron Man.... has passed away. He died a little after noon today at the Intermountain Hospital in Salt Lake City Utah from the results of a stroke.  His wife Carol wanted you all to know that his friends from the forum were one of the last things he had on his mind as he passed away and she asked me to thank you all for being such a huge part of his life and being his friend.  Ron truly loved the forum and jumped at the chance to share his knowledge. He will be cremated and will have a very small private service. Ron befriended me almost 2 years ago on my first pastrami smoke and I have had a lot of laughs and fun with him as well as benefiting from his knowledge. He was my friend. This is a very sad day for Rebecca and I. Please keep Carol in your thoughts and prayers. He will certainly be missed. With 5433 posts... it's pretty obvious how much time and energy he spent here. This is a link to his profile and his threads. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/user/ronp

175x400px-LM-3226e5dc_me1.jpg

Thanks for letting us know. He'll be missed. I enjoyed his posts. Heaven surely has BBQ and Ron will be right there. My prayers are with his wife, family and friends that God brings them comfort in this time of loss.

Carol, RonP will be missed by all the smokers here. He does not know me personally, but I remember when he was at home and you (Carol) had already moved, he was sad, but his smokin' buddies tried the best that they could to keep him smokin' until he was reunited with you. 

My condolences RP   

Ah Man, thoughts go out to his wife. We're gonna have to look to the sky for some thin blue smoke, cause you know he's up in heaven cooking up some tasty treats.

Oh boy (sigh), I thought since he did so good coming back from the stent, he'd beat this too, but it seems it was just too much too soon. He will never be forgotten on this forum for sure! Quite a great man in my book, and many of you knew him much better than I.

Watch over us good friend.

My condolences & prayers for Carol, their friends & extended family, and the pets to.

This man has touched many, and we have been privileged to have him among us.

Bearcarver

Man that is sad - Ron has been an icon here for a long time and many of us are going to miss him big time

Bless you Ron and Carol you are in our prayers

RIP

My condolences & prayers for Carol, and family.  Im truely gonna miss ron.  He helped me out with my mes, and he was a book of knowledge.  The forum wont be the same without him.  At least now he is in a better place, and feels no more pain.  Keep the blue smoking rolling from heaven buddy.

Rest in peace Ron. My condolences to Carol and Ron's family members, he will be greatly missed.

Last edited:
Ron will be truly missed at this forum.. I feel blessed to have known him and this forum just won't be the same without him.. rest in peace, RonP.

Ron will surely be missed. I will fire up the smoker with something in his honor and you better believe that there will be yoshida's involved.

Carol my thoughts and prayers go out to you and the rest of the family. Ron you will be missed my friend, a great purveyor of smoked meats, Yoshida's, and an all around great guy. The forum will be the poorer with your passing.

Oh goodness, sweet Ron was one of the first to welcome me to this forum and was always helpful and kind to me, as he was to all the newbies. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. We have truly lost a Master, not only of the Pit, but also of the Heart.

Rest in Peace My Friend.   I will miss you friendship and all the calls we made to each other...

Our prayers are with Carol in her time of loss...

Ron P. You were the one that got me hooked on my MES and passed along a wealth of knowledge about smoking on it.

I hope that i can do the same for others.

RIP ,My friend

I will miss Ron and my prayers go out to Carol. I'm sure there will be lots of TBS and Yoshida's flowing in heaven

Dang, been gone to much.  Ron was a good egg, willin ta try about anything.  Not gonna be the same without him.  Carol an family I'll sure say a prayer for yall an Ron.

Rev. Coot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky