• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The Ron Man has left us

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Rest in peace RonP. It just wont be the same without you. Prayers go out to Carol.

cajunsmoke13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 7, 2008
RonP will be missed greatly.  Always think of Yoshida's and Ron.  He always helped here and on other forums.  Prayers to his family. 

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Man oh man, I'm sorry to hear of the news. I only had the chance to chat with Ron a time or two and from what I have read he was and still is an asset to everyone that reads the board.

Rest In Peace RonP, Hang in there Carol, our thoughts are there for ya.

Tom

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2008
It was an honor to recieve advice from him.  He always helped and was always online.

Peace to him and his loved ones.

morkdach

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 8, 2007
RIP Ron & thanks for all help on whatever I ask or tried to smoke.

I listened to you as you spoke through the tough times .

you had to pack to move but you still wanted to contibute to the forum.

you had a long drive ahead of you, & you made it. you loved your dogs to no end.

I will miss you to no end.

Thanks for being there my friend just wish I could of been there for you

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I guess god needed a pitmaster besides him in Heaven.  You will be missed Ron.

Last edited:

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
We Will miss ya RonP, God will eat well now that he is there !

To Ron thanks for answering all my questions and not making fun of a newbie !!

You and all of your knowledge will be missed !!!

Bless you and your family.

Your Okie smoker

Bob Weaver

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Ron,

You will be missed for ever. I remember when you signed on and how much I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Your knowledge and willingness to share information will be missed. I also remember your sadness and apprehension with the move. It was good to have you reestablished and back on line. I'll miss you and I must say how very fortunate I feel to have known you ..... at least for a while. God bless you Ron.

cheezeerider

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 8, 2010
Truly sorry to here the news. Carol, my thoughts are with you. I didn't know Ron well, but he was one of the first to welcome me here and was kind enough to chat with me a few times to help me through a smoke. He wrote some great posts and was an asset to anyone who was whiling to listen.

RIP RonP

You will be missed

Chris

bayouchilehead

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 18, 2010
Ron will certainly be missed here on the forum. He was an inspiration to many here and gave great input and advise. I have a feeling he is getting the smoker ready up there to give the Big Guy a meal he will never forget!! Rest in Peace Ron and many Blessed days to you Carol.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
So sorry to hear...

Ron will definately be missed, thoughts and prayers to Carol. 

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
rest in peace RonP, my prayers to Carol

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
This is horrible news. I was just logging back on to check out the other post about Ron to see if there were any updates on his health and I found this dreaded post. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to the SMF family. This truly is a dark day for us all. Ron you will be missed.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
The last thing I expected to see was a post announcing the passing of one of our beloved SMF members. No matter how much, or little, you may have interacted with Ron he was always a man of great character with a humble heart.

RIP Ron - many condolences, Carol and family.

carpetride

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 25, 2008
RonP we're gonna miss you buddy! 

I sure thought we would see him back posting around here someday soon.  I think will miss some of his techniques the most.

abigail4476

Jeff's Woman
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
I am SO sorry to hear this news!  Ron will be sorely missed--many thoughts and prayers go out to his family.  

captsly

StickBurners
Joined Feb 12, 2010
RIP Ron. I didn't know you personally but you were one of the first people to welcome me to this great forum! Prayers go out to the family.  Won't be the same without you man!!

Jeff

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
A fitting tribute from our Contest Committee and Jeff

Last edited:

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
My Sincerest condolences to Carol.

We'll miss you Ron.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.