The Ron Man has left us

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Although I didn't know Ron personally he seemed like a stand up guy and I enjoyed his posts. He will be missed and my heart goes out to his surviving family.

What a surprising loss!  I have been out of the loop here at SMF due to moving, PC dying at same time, and only infrequently having an opportunity to check in, and just discovered this sad piece of news.

I will say I had noticed Ronp's post missing from the electric forum so I knew something was up, but didn't have time to search and find out what happened.  It really wasn't hard to miss, since Ronp was such a frequent poster and even more the King of MES knowledge and BBQ experience.

Ronp is the sole reason I started reading SMF forum and later join.  I was searching for a smoker to buy, and Ron was so excited about his new MES he had bought his about 2 months prior to when I bought mine.  I always found Ron to be nothing but helpful and hospitable, we exchanged a few emails over the last couple of years, mostly me asking questions and seeking tips, however I never really got to know him except through his posts where he shared his love for BBQ and smoking anything in his beloved MES.

Like many here at SMF I will genuinely miss Ronp's presence here at SMF and pray his wife and family will be comforted by the knowledge that so many appreciated Ron and his effort to spread the Joy of BBQ, causing many of us to join the fellowship of meat smoking bbq lovers..

Like many here at SMF I will genuinely miss Ronp's presence here at SMF and pray his wife and family will be comforted by the knowledge that so many appreciated Ron and his effort to spread the Joy of BBQ, causing many of us to join the fellowship of meat smoking bbq lovers..
I just wanted to drop in here with a final note. The forum was Ron's family. Carol, his wife.... Lucky and Jackpot... his kids...  were his immediate family, and the forum the rest of his family. That may not be totally understood by many here... that the forum was Ron's interest, passion and family. Each and everone of us that have been touched by Ron with his help or friendship or both... and even those that didn't know him, he knew you and you were all his family. The forums were a vital life link for Ron that he focused an incredible amount of energy and passion into. Each and everyone of you who feel this loss need to understand what a integral part of Ron's daily life you were. You were his family.

I have been away from this forum for a while. I was going to smoke some cornish hens on my MES and came back to get some advice from Ron, to only hear of his passing :( .... My deepest condolences go out to Carol and family..... RIP Ron. 

Man, that is too bad.  RonP was one of the first members to help me when I first started smoking... I also got to chat with him for a little while about his restaraunt in Wisconsin.  I think I'll go purchase some Yoshida's for my next smoke to remember an all around great person.

I know I may be a little late here but I haven't been around much.  I do want to say that I learned so much from Ron's posts.  He was the reason I got my MES and actually got into smoking in the first place.  It used to be something I wanted to do but when I saw how it could be done successfully and relatively easily by Ron's posts I was hooked.  I know that many people, including myself, will greatly miss his posts and his information.

RIP

Been away for a while and this is definitely sad news to come back to.  Ron was always giving me tips with my MES and really helped me get started with smoking.  I use the knowledge he gave me every time I smoke.  RIP Ron...Thanks for everything you did for me and the forum.

I've been away for awhile, what a shock to read this, thoughts and prayers to the family, he helped me out alot with my questions, RIP  RonP

It is a great tribute to a man to have had so many poeple honored to call him friend.  Carol, I hope this brings you some matter of comfort.  My prayers to you and the family.

I have two recipes I am going to use in competition this year that are due largely to the re kindled love that Ron instilled in my cooking.  I am still in shock at finding this all out. 

RIP my friend. 

All I can say is damn. Ron was a good guy and when I first arrived here he was super helpful in pointing me in the right direction more than a few times. Like many members here, I had quite a few late evening phone conversations with Ron. It amazed me at the time that he would be willing to take the time to pick up the phone and make sure I understood what I was trying to attempt. He will be missed. :(

OH I am so shocked and sadden by this news. For him and his family I pray for peace, strength, and comfort Amen. He was a definite light in the smoke house.

sincerely

Blacklab

alias

Mike

I can't believe this!!!!! I came back to see what Ron was up to and I find this!!!!
icon_cry.gif

Ron you were a great friend and I'll miss your wisdom.... My prayers for you, Carol and the family....

I'm left speechless......
icon_sad.gif

And I also have been gone a while and will never forget Ron's kind advice and warm human nature that made him one-of-a-kind. Truly a shock, but the folks in heaven are truly going to be lucky to have the finest man, as well as smoker, up there with them. RIP dear Ron. 

I don't check in here often. Usually only when I'm looking for a new recipe or some new ideas. However, I specifically look for Ron's posts whenever I log in. Everything he cooked always looked great and it was very nice of him to always share his thoughts and pictures of his recent cooks.

A buddy of mine called me the other day and he was interested in purchasing a smoker as he knows that I have enjoyed getting into the hobby. He wanted something that was low maintenance and easy to use. I immediately thought of Ron and how much he enjoyed his MES and the quality of food he produced on the cooker. My friend, as of yesterday is now the owner of a new MES, and really has Ron to thank.

RIP Ron. You are missed.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky