THE PAPER PLATE METHOD FOR VACUUM SEALING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad this was resurrected!
I've only been using my vac sealer for 6 months or so and this looks like the trick !
Will definitely help with a better seal and save some $$ in the process.
Thanks Al for sharing !

Keith

Al, not sure how I missed this…. But very nice method, it’ll definitely get put to use! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you brought this thread back to the top Brian, never saw this before and always get the bags all messed up stuffing them.

Thanks Al, this type of tip should be made a sticky for new people using vac pack and SV.

Glad you brought this thread back to the top Brian, never saw this before and always get the bags all messed up stuffing them.

Thanks Al, this type of tip should be made a sticky for new people using vac pack and SV.
I could of used this yesterday getting those ribeyes in. I been double sealing because of crap on bags.

Very nice. Bacon for me is the worst. I like to have the strips full length and layed nice and even for appearance if i ever sell some, its a pain, this looks like my fix. And no grease/fat on the sealing edge.

Fantastic tip! Thanks
Corey

Very nice. Bacon for me is the worst. I like to have the strips full length and layed nice and even for appearance if i ever sell some, its a pain, this looks like my fix. And no grease/fat on the sealing edge.

Fantastic tip! Thanks
Corey
Try taking a tray with wax paper and lightly spray it with oil. Then set individual slices or a group of slices on it and set in the freezer until it firms up. You can stack layer upon layer of alternating bacon and wax paper. Now the slices are stiff when they go into the bags, and stay neat even when vac sealing. When I gift bacon or Buckboard slices I make a backer card using the disposable cutting boards that is just smaller than the vac bag, then arrange a stagger of slices on it and lightly freeze. Here is the same concept with chicken thighs, but you can get the idea.
IyVpTwd.jpg

I been looking for regular paper plates since I seen this post. You just cant find them anymore! All foam ones now.

That’s crazy!
I have always bought them at Sam’s, they come 600 to a package.
I just checked & they are out of stock too. Thanks Bare Shelf Biden!!
Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have said that, kinda political! Oh well!
Al

We used to roll the edge of the bag over to try to keep it clean, but it always seemed to distort the end of the bag. And half the time it still got some juice or meat on it anyway. I don't know how we came up with this method, but it works for everything as long as it will fit on a paper plate. Here's how we do it.
First spray some Pam on the plate so the meat slides off easily.

View attachment 351327

Then put whatever your going to seal on the plate.

View attachment 351328

Then roll up the sides & slide the plate into the bag.

View attachment 351329

Slide it all the way to the bottom.

View attachment 351330

View attachment 351331
Then pull the paper plate out, letting the meat slide off and stay in the bottom of the bag.

View attachment 351332
View attachment 351333
View attachment 351334
As you can see the edge of the bag is still nice & clean & ready to seal.

View attachment 351335 View attachment 351336

This will work with liquids too, like Au Jus, or stock. Just freeze it in a container first, then while frozen use the paper plate method to transfer it to a vacuum bag.
Hope this is helpful to all of you!
Al
Thanks Al!
Craig

We used to roll the edge of the bag over to try to keep it clean, but it always seemed to distort the end of the bag. And half the time it still got some juice or meat on it anyway. I don't know how we came up with this method, but it works for everything as long as it will fit on a paper plate. Here's how we do it.
First spray some Pam on the plate so the meat slides off easily.

View attachment 351327

Then put whatever your going to seal on the plate.

View attachment 351328

Then roll up the sides & slide the plate into the bag.

View attachment 351329

Slide it all the way to the bottom.

View attachment 351330

View attachment 351331
Then pull the paper plate out, letting the meat slide off and stay in the bottom of the bag.

View attachment 351332
View attachment 351333
View attachment 351334
As you can see the edge of the bag is still nice & clean & ready to seal.

View attachment 351335 View attachment 351336

This will work with liquids too, like Au Jus, or stock. Just freeze it in a container first, then while frozen use the paper plate method to transfer it to a vacuum bag.
Hope this is helpful to all of you!
Al
Good tip, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: SmokinAl
That’s crazy!
I have always bought them at Sam’s, they come 600 to a package.
I just checked & they are out of stock too. Thanks Bare Shelf Biden!!
Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have said that, kinda political! Oh well!
Al
Hey Al, I use those thin flexible cutting boards. I cut them into rectangles that will fit into the bag longways. put them in the dish washer after use and store with the bags for next time....works great!

Good tip, thanks for sharing!
No prob Steve!
Al
Hey Al, I use those thin flexible cutting boards. I cut them into rectangles that will fit into the bag longways. put them in the dish washer after use and store with the bags for next time....works great!
That sounds like a great idea!
I bet everybody has figured out a way to get the stuff into the bags without messing up the sealing strip. I’d like to hear all of the hacks!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky