THE PAPER PLATE METHOD FOR VACUUM SEALING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Al, I use those thin flexible cutting boards. I cut them into rectangles that will fit into the bag longways. put them in the dish washer after use and store with the bags for next time....works great!
Man I love the paper plate method but this is next level. Gonna do this for sure. I planned on cutting a few uo anyway as they make good things to put over fermented under the glass weight cut in circles with some holes poked.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Man I love the paper plate method but this is next level. Gonna do this for sure. I planned on cutting a few uo anyway as they make good things to put over fermented under the glass weight cut in circles with some holes poked.

Since can't find paper plates anymore this will work. Thanks man.
See I knew there were better ideas out there!
I have a bunch of those boards, and will definitely give it a try. The only thing that is nice about the paper plate, is you can spray it with Pam & when done just throw away. No clean up. The other thing is my boards are textured & not as slippery as a greased paper plate, but am anxious to give it a try!
Al

Reactions: jcam222
Typically, I don't have much issues with the seal area for I always wipe it down after loading, but no harm in trying a paper plate method. Might be a OMG! moment. Since I will be vacuum sealing Salmon nuggets on Saturday......this is perfect timing. Yes, glad this thread is back up top again.

Personally I use all of these tricks mentioned.
I fold the top edge over, like a pants cuff, when filling.
Then I use a Paper plate, but I use the plates with the fancy designs on them, because that plastic-like surface makes the meat slide off real nice & smooth.
And then if I still got a little sloppy, I wipe the "Seal Area" good before sealing the top.

Bear

Well, I had to vacuum seal a bunch of Salmon nuggets I smoked yesterday, so why not give the paper plate method a try.

Since I use perforated bags for small amounts, I had to think about finding a small plate. Sure enough found some a cut one to fit.

Yes it did help while dropping the nuggets into the bag. They bounced against the paper plate and then slid down to the bottom. Very little cleaning on the front of the bag at the top. Think I will try this again next week during my next batch.

Thanks Al for the tip
1FA1444C-04F8-4761-BF4E-A1F5C7C7ABFE.jpeg
F4255560-430B-4702-A27D-759C2A1337D5.jpeg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky