The new guy in SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wylie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Moorhead, MN
Hello everyone, my name is Brett and I'm a new guy to the forums here. I've been an avid griller for a few years now. I always wanted to learn the true BBQ art form for many years. About a year and a half ago I picked up a SFB smoker. I've always liked the taste of charcoal over propane so the cheap chargriller was the choice for me. I've done quite a few cooks, but have no friends who have the passion for BBQ like me (although they love the food). I have been reading some of the posts on this forum and really like the friendlyness of everyone here, so I thought I would join. I grill all year long even though I live up north. Basically if it's above 20 degrees lets move some snow and pull out the smoker! I'm sure I will get plenty of help from the experience on these forums, and I hope I can add something from my own experiences.

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Along with lots of friendly people with the same passion for smoked foods as you. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to the SMF, and thanks for the introduction. I think you'll find great advise along with tips from our friendly members. It's all good my friend.

Hi Wylie, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Brett to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. Now if you are really new to smoking you should look up the E-course it's free and has alot to teach you from the basics to some techniques that will be really helpful to you. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to the forum Wylie, to bad your friends don't like good food. Thats a really sad deal in itself.

Hope you can  find and make the couple mods so that you can enjoy the great foods with less work and more enjoyment.

Welcome to SMF  you will find alot of good info here from alot of good people. And 1 thing for sure you will find your friends here have the passion for BBQ. Enjoy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky