The New England Kettle Style McChicken Sandwich.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup , looks great . Good way to do chicken or pork .
Pickle juice on chicken is fantastic . I save all the juice . Used to take it in my lunch box when I worked in extreme heat . Couple sips and you're good to go .
Nice work Chris .

Yup , looks great . Good way to do chicken or pork .
Pickle juice on chicken is fantastic . I save all the juice . Used to take it in my lunch box when I worked in extreme heat . Couple sips and you're good to go .
Nice work Chris .

Thanks Rich, I've read that about pickle juice. Also I read it will help in loosing weight. I remember the first time I tried making this. I used a wet batter. You suggested the dry batter and I haven't looked back since. Thanks buddy.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
I've read that about pickle juice.
It works , or eat a dill pickle .
Something I also started doing with the boneless breast is cross cut them between the thick and thin end . Then I slice the thick end into 2 pieces over the height . Leaves you with 3 pieces about the same size and no pounding needed .
Nice and tender too .

It works , or eat a dill pickle .
Something I also started doing with the boneless breast is cross cut them between the thick and thin end . Then I slice the thick end into 2 pieces over the height . Leaves you with 3 pieces about the same size and no pounding needed .
Nice and tender too .

Great tip on the cross cutting, however there's something about smashing something that brings a smile to my face. Must be flashbacks from my days of bouncing at the local watering hole.

Chris

LOL ,, I almost smashed my new neighbor a couple weeks ago .
Haven't seen much of him lately .
I use an old Jim Beam bottle to pound them out too . Just depends on ,
" How big your breast are " .

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks Mike and for the like. The method has been around for a while. I'm just starting to get it eatable after numerous fails.

Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
motocrash motocrash thanks for the like it's appreciated

Chris

We had a gorgeous day today. So I figured I'd fire up the 22/Vortex combo and make the wife and I a couple chicken sammies.

Started off with three boneless skinless chicken breasts. Then I pounded them with Thor's hammer until they were an even thickness. Next I brined them in a 50/50 mixture of pickle juice and buttermilk for about four hours. After I mixed up the dry ingredients: two cups of flour, 1.5 teaspoons each of baking powder and soda, 2 teaspoons each of pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a couple of pinches of kosher salt. The dredging process was your basic dip in the dry, shake off excess, dip in the egg mixture, and then dip back into the dry. I should add that I trimmed the chicken breast to fit the rolls. The trimmings will be frozen to make tenders and nuggets at a later date.

Vortex is getting hot:
View attachment 498991

Chicken is added:
View attachment 498992

One sixteen ounce PBR antibiotic later:
View attachment 498993

After the second 16 ounce PBR antibiotic and a flip. It was time to bring them in:
View attachment 498994

Add some Garlic Cayenne Cream sauce(store brand) and a roll:
View attachment 498995

Some lettuce:
View attachment 498996

Vine ripened tomato(can't wait for fresh):
View attachment 498997

and the money shot:
View attachment 498998

Thanks for taking a look. The sauce wasn't to bad. It needed a little more cayenne. Also the buns needed to be upgraded.

Chris
That looks killer bro.

tenor.gif

Looks great Chris! Congrats on the second consecutive spinner ride. Now you need to do something crazy this weekend and go for the hat trick!

View attachment 499327

Looks great Chris! Congrats on the second consecutive spinner ride. Now you need to do something crazy this weekend and go for the hat trick!

Thanks John and for the like. I have to work this weekend so nothing is going on the cookers.

Chris

No problem it's another killer cook you have there.
I am interested to know how you get the breading dredge to be so consistent?

The dredge is easy(but messy). First, pound the breasts until they're basically an even thickness. Trim any narrow sections off. Then mix your flour and spices in a gallon plastic zip lock bag. put the chicken in the bag(one piece at a time) and give it a good shake. Take the chicken out of the bag and shake off any excess dry mix. Do this for all your chicken pieces and set on a wire rack. Beat two or three eggs in a bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg wash and drop it back into the zip lock bag. Give it another good shaking making sure the whole surface of the chicken is covered. Remove the chicken from the bag and make sure to shake off the extra loose mix. Set on a wire rack in the fridge until your ready to cook it. When your cooking. If you notice any raw dry mix near the end of the cook-- just give it a quick spray of pam, and it will darken up. I use round ended tongs to move the chicken around. As I got tired of washing my hands, and the round ended tongs won't bit into the chicken when your picking it up.

Chris

Great cook.
I need to make or purchase a vortex.
Have you tried pushing the vortex to a side or does it only work in the center to distribute the heat inside and turn the handle into a branding iron?

The method has been around for a while. I'm just starting to get it eatable after numerous fails.
I have so many fails, but luckily edible so wife doesn't complain (much). She's just happy I do the cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky