The last go-round of high oil prices....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The price of gas is dropping so I would imagine oil=asphalt would be a bit as well. I know they are doing tons of roadwork around me and I mean some big projects. That kind of work will continue (tax payer) no matter the price.

Reactions: JLeonard
Paid $3.79 for reg on the way in to work this morning. Hopefully it'll keep going down.
Jim

4.40/gallon for regular gas here at the unmanned station. Plenty of road work and driveways are also be paved.

Chris

Geez I paid only $5.05 per gal., but that’s for premium. Was paying over $5.50. Bargain Huh! Used to be $3.00.
Al

Reactions: JLeonard
We're still paying $5.28 to more than $6/gal depending on the station and location.

The only good thing about those high prices is my retired butt is driving less and less. Instead of grocery shopping every week, I'm pushing that out to two weeks. If requires a bit of creativity as the cabinets and the freezer empty, but that's good.

Jewel factoid the day: Lactose free milk has an expiration date of 2-3 months away! I bought the jug below yesterday, July 25th. Tastes great, too.

20220726_112910.jpg

Reactions: zwiller
Our Sam's has been really aggressive about being the lowest in town. 3.46 for 87 Saturday, the next lowest was 3.56 and most were still around 3.69, including the WM (usually second cheapest) that's 3ish miles from Sams.

Gas pumps used to automatically shut off at $100. Now that barely fills the wife's Honda. Pumps around here are set at $150 now.

Diesel used to cost less than regular gas due to costing much less to refine. The fuel savings in a couple of years would cover the cost of the more powerful engine and tranny. What the hell ever happened to the good old days!

I paid 5.49 (after a 10cent discount) last time I filled diesel......Ouch! two years ago it was 2.25....

Asphalt is going for $150 a ton installed in my parts right now.....2 years ago it was $55 to 70......

My car, as well as my wife's, call for top tier premium. For us, that means Shell's V Power premium.

Around a month ago, we were paying $7.79/gal. Three weeks ago, it had dropped to $7.59/gal. Then, a couple weeks ago, it was $7.29/gal., and last week it was $7.19/gal. I don't know what it's going for now, but I'll find out in a couple days. I've got a very long way to go to come anywhere near the prices others are posting on this thread anytime in the near future.

My car, as well as my wife's, call for top tier premium. For us, that means Shell's V Power premium.

Around a month ago, we were paying $7.79/gal. Three weeks ago, it had dropped to $7.59/gal. Then, a couple weeks ago, it was $7.29/gal., and last week it was $7.19/gal. I don't know what it's going for now, but I'll find out in a couple days. I've got a very long way to go to come anywhere near the prices others are posting on this thread anytime in the near future.
yeah my wife's benz says premium...bs, the last 10 tanks has been the cheap stuff and no ill effects.

All I will say is that two years ago we, the USA, were energy independent for the first time in 75 years. We were net exporters of energy two years ago. Now we are begging the world for energy. We never ran out of energy, so why this now? What a difference two years can make.

All I will say is that two years ago we, the USA, were energy independent for the first time in 75 years. We were net exporters of energy two years ago. Now we are begging the world for energy. We never ran out of energy, so why this now? What a difference two years can make.
AMEN!

Reactions: Buckeye02
Diesel used to cost less than regular gas due to costing much less to refine. The fuel savings in a couple of years would cover the cost of the more powerful engine and tranny. What the hell ever happened to the good old days!

Changes made to the formula would be my guess. I remember seeing diesel pickup drivers with their head in the engine bay using a torch to dethaw their gas lines in the winter months.

Chris

Diesel finally just dropped to $4.99 a gallon here. Not sure of gas prices...I have two Diesel pickups. Ethanol blends are cheaper, than non ethanol.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky