The Lady Asked For A Rib.....A Dino Rib (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
So Friday a week ago, we were doing the unthinkable: lounging in the pool sipping margaritas. I know, I know, impossible to believe but I swear it's true :emoji_laughing: Tracy asked if I had any cooking plans for the weekend and I replied that I did not. She then requested that I smoke a rack of Dino ribs the next day. Wow, I was heartbroken....NOT!! Got the smallest rack from the last order out of the freezer to defrost. Fired up the smoker at 7:30 the next morning, seasoned up the ribs, and onto the smoker just after 8:00, all the while balancing the food prep and mandatory weekend yard work.

The ribs
012.jpg

Seasoned with my beef rub that I put together a few years ago
013.jpg

Onto the smoker running hickory
014.jpg

250 was my target temp. This is where it settled in so I left it alone. At one point when the outside temp went well over 100 degrees the smoker temp did go up to 251 but I'll still take that.
015.jpg

I'm anticipating about an 8 hour cook. This is at the 4 hour mark
016.jpg

6 hours
017.jpg

Threw together a sloppy looking pot of beans
018.jpg

3 ears of corn brushed with my garlic and herb infused olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then wrapped with foil then onto the grill
019.jpg

A batch of my wasabi horseradish Cole slaw
020.jpg

7 1/2 hours the ribs are probing tender all the way through
021.jpg

Super moist and tender. They sliced like butter but not FOTB.
022.jpg

Some theorists believe that humanity as we know it evolved by way of a man giving a rib to a woman. Don't know if the first time that event took place it included baked beans, Cole slaw, and corn on the cob, but hey....times do change
023.jpg

My first plate. Couldn't get the rib to cooperate and stand up but oh well...
024.jpg

I'll take this for a well cooked beef rib
025.jpg

All American backyard BBQ and it was great. Ribs were just perfect: flavor, moisture, and tenderness. Interesting that pork ribs used to be her favorite but that has changed with the advent of having these on the menu. All in all a very good meal but most importantly, a happy wife. As we all know, that equates to a happy life :emoji_wink: These things are just so good it's impossible for us not to love them. The stash is dwindling though so it's almost time to order some more.

Thanks for dropping in and I'll see y'all soon if we live through this insane heat wave we're in the middle of. It appears that we are in for a record setting Summer. Y'all take take care and enjoy your
Sunday.

Robert

Looks great Robert! I love beef short ribs and yours has some great bark too!
Although we don’t have a pool here in Arkansas, we do have a few swimming holes that have snakes and such. And our margaritas are Hamms with a touch of salt!
Enjoy your Sunday!

• Haha
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Robert my friend, as I have said before… beef ribs are my fav and yours look phenomenal as per usual! The beans look great as well… very intrigued on the slaw and absolutely loving how you done the corn! What a feast! But most importantly as you stated, the Mrs was happy… that is always a good thing! 😉

Fantastic meal right there. Thanks for sharing, Robert. That wasabi horseradish Cole slaw is very interesting. Can you tell us a little more about it?

Beef ribs are my favorite meat to smoke and eat, you nailed that cook Robert, nice job! RAY

Great looking meal! Love beef ribs! And pass me one of those salty Hamms...ok no...I don't believe they taste anything alike!

Ryan

So Friday a week ago, we were doing the unthinkable: lounging in the pool sipping margaritas. I know, I know, impossible to believe but I swear it's true :emoji_laughing: Tracy asked if I had any cooking plans for the weekend and I replied that I did not. She then requested that I smoke a rack of Dino ribs the next day. Wow, I was heartbroken....NOT!! Got the smallest rack from the last order out of the freezer to defrost. Fired up the smoker at 7:30 the next morning, seasoned up the ribs, and onto the smoker just after 8:00, all the while balancing the food prep and mandatory weekend yard work.

The ribs
View attachment 637185

Seasoned with my beef rub that I put together a few years ago
View attachment 637186

Onto the smoker running hickory
View attachment 637187

250 was my target temp. This is where it settled in so I left it alone. At one point when the outside temp went well over 100 degrees the smoker temp did go up to 251 but I'll still take that.
View attachment 637188

I'm anticipating about an 8 hour cook. This is at the 4 hour mark
View attachment 637189

6 hours
View attachment 637190

Threw together a sloppy looking pot of beans
View attachment 637191

3 ears of corn brushed with my garlic and herb infused olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then wrapped with foil then onto the grill
View attachment 637192

A batch of my wasabi horseradish Cole slaw
View attachment 637195

7 1/2 hours the ribs are probing tender all the way through
View attachment 637193

Super moist and tender. They sliced like butter but not FOTB.
View attachment 637194

Some theorists believe that humanity as we know it evolved by way of a man giving a rib to a woman. Don't know if the first time that event took place it included baked beans, Cole slaw, and corn on the cob, but hey....times do change
View attachment 637196

My first plate. Couldn't get the rib to cooperate and stand up but oh well...
View attachment 637197

I'll take this for a well cooked beef rib
View attachment 637198

All American backyard BBQ and it was great. Ribs were just perfect: flavor, moisture, and tenderness. Interesting that pork ribs used to be her favorite but that has changed with the advent of having these on the menu. All in all a very good meal but most importantly, a happy wife. As we all know, that equates to a happy life :emoji_wink: These things are just so good it's impossible for us not to love them. The stash is dwindling though so it's almost time to order some more.

Thanks for dropping in and I'll see y'all soon if we live through this insane heat wave we're in the middle of. It appears that we are in for a record setting Summer. Y'all take take care and enjoy your
Sunday.

Robert
Great job man, you have perfected the brisket sticks. Now you got me craving some

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky