The Lady Asked For A Rib.....A Dino Rib (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
**** yeah! I did a boneless short rib plate today - post oak on the offset - they're wrapped and holding at 160F in the oven right now...

Holy cow, that looks flip'in amazing, Robert.
I have yet to make them, my wife doesn't care for beef ribs, I know that is crazy talk on her part. I need to buy some quality rib bones too change her mind and a gift too myself for reaching my weight loss/ health overhaul goal.

It must be they raise a breed of cow around here that doesn't have ribs. We never see any good ones in the grocers. Those ribs sure would be my favorite. Most excellent looking Robert.

Point for sure
Chris

What Chris said, we don't see them down here either. The closet I have is the ribs they cut off a prime rib and tie back on. Not enough meat, but I am still going to try and smoke them at some point.

That whole meal looked great, do you grill the corn with the husk on? Looks like you used the cabinet smoker for the ribs correct?

Although we don’t have a pool here in Arkansas, we do have a few swimming holes that have snakes and such.
Thanks Justin. Your swimming holes sound exactly like what I grew up with in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Only got snaki bitten once. Not a bad record I guess :emoji_wink:
And our margaritas are Hamms with a touch of salt!
Drank many a Hamms in a bygone era but sans the salt.
Looks great, thanks for sharing
Thank you Mike. I appreciate it sir.

Robert

How do you all get such great pullback? i have done both pork and beef and I never get that pullback.
Hmmm...now that I think about it, I'm not too sure with pork ribs. With these, as they cook they actually get thicker by drawing up from the heat. For that to happen, they pull back from the ends of the bones. You got me wondering about pork ribs now though. Maybe it's just from them cooking down and shrinking? I might have to look into this a bit more.
Nice looking beef ribs Robert!
Thanks Jake. I'll trade you some of these for a plate of that chicken you just posted :emoji_laughing:
Robert my friend, as I have said before… beef ribs are my fav and yours look phenomenal as per usual! The beans look great as well… very intrigued on the slaw and absolutely loving how you done the corn!
Very much appreciate it Justin. I've tried corn about a thousand different ways and this is just how we've decided we like it. see below for more info on the slaw
That wasabi horseradish Cole slaw is very interesting. Can you tell us a little more about it?
The slaw itself is just cabbage and shredded carrots. I have a simple but tasty recipe for the dressing. I add the dressing a little at a time because we don't like our salads real wet and runny. When I get it where I want it, just add a shot of Beaver brand Wasabi Horseradish and mix it in. That REALLY amps up the favor but be cautious. A little of that horseradish goes a long way and can overpower the slaw real quick.

Robert

Looks fantastic Robert and you know I love the add of the wasabi slaw!
Thanks so much Jeff. Just for grins I added a shot of the wasabi a few years ago to a batch of slaw and it was a game changer. Been doing it that way ever since.
Fantastic! What a great cook, can’t beat those ribs! Hope you’re feeling better!
Thanks so much Jed and I appreciate the well wishes. Not out of the woods yet but starting to turn the corner....finally. Been a rough couple of days, that's for sure.
Beef ribs are my favorite meat to smoke and eat, you nailed that cook Robert, nice job!
Can't say as I blame you my friend. They are pretty spectacular and can be the star of pretty much any party.

Robert

Great looking meal! Love beef ribs! And pass me one of those salty Hamms
Appreciate it Ryan. I'll take the Hamms but no salt please :emoji_wink: I swear, I don't see how or why people put salt and/or lime in a beer :emoji_laughing: Maybe I'm just too much of a purist.
Looks like a good way to start the weekend.
Wasn't bad.The only problem is that it's difficult to maintain that level for the rest of the weekend :emoji_wink:
That looks sooo good! Thanks for posting
More than welcome and thank you for the kind words.

Robert

Margaritas at the pool, and then Dino's! Living the dream!!
Thank you Dave, and yes, living the dream. I have my dearly beloved to thank for that. If not for her I'd probably be living under a bridge downtown with a tin cup in my hand :emoji_wink:
Great job man, you have perfected the brisket sticks. Now you got me craving some
Thanks so much. I've had a lot of help from the folks here. Hope you can satisfy your craving. From all I've read, those ribs can be pretty elusive in some regions of the country.
Holy cow Robert!
Those ribs look fantastic!
Bet your in that pool today!!
Thank you Al and you're 100% correct. You posted this yesterday and it hit 116 in the afternoon. That pool is a Godsend....a cold margarita helps too :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert, I would describe those as mouth waterng ribs. They looks great.
Appreciate it Rob. They came out looking pretty nice. I almost didn't post them but the shot of the full rack on the cutting board looked good enough to create a thread for.
Daaamn! You nailed it again bud! Excellent. Just excellent!
Thanks Steve!! That smoker is a dream to cook on my friend. Makes creating stuff like this pretty easy. We might just have to build one for you :emoji_laughing:
Those are some excellent looking beef ribs Robert! Nicely done!
Thank you Joe. A good smoker, some good meat, and a lot of guidance from the folks here. Kinda hard to screw them up.

Robert

Excellent Ribs, Robert !!
Never Fails!
Like.
Very much appreciate it my friend...both the comment and the like. As an aside, not every cook is perfect. Only the ones I show here :emoji_wink:
Bingo . . . nicely done !
Very much appreciate it.
**** yeah! I did a boneless short rib plate today - post oak on the offset - they're wrapped and holding at 160F in the oven right now...
SWEET!! Can't wait to see what you got. Some nice meat you're working with and hope it came out well for you.

Robert

Holy cow, that looks flip'in amazing, Robert.
I have yet to make them, my wife doesn't care for beef ribs, I know that is crazy talk on her part. I need to buy some quality rib bones too change her mind and a gift too myself for reaching my weight loss/ health overhaul goal.
Very much appreciate it Dan and congrats on hitting your target. Treat yourself to something nice but don't overdo it and start regressing :emoji_wink:
Man Robert, you're bordering on insane Bro.
So what else is new John?? You've known that for years :emoji_laughing:
Those are some fine looking ribs Robert! They look perfect. If the ole lady is happy everyone is happy!
Thanks John. No question it helps a bunch to keep the lady of the house happy. Makes life much asier and far more pleasant.

Robert

Reactions: forktender
It must be they raise a breed of cow around here that doesn't have ribs. We never see any good ones in the grocers. Those ribs sure would be my favorite. Most excellent looking Robert.
There's an interesting concept: a ribless cow :emoji_laughing: We can talk at some point in the near future and see if we can change your luck in finding these things :emoji_wink:
What Chris said, we don't see them down here either. The closet I have is the ribs they cut off a prime rib and tie back on. Not enough meat, but I am still going to try and smoke them at some point.

That whole meal looked great, do you grill the corn with the husk on? Looks like you used the cabinet smoker for the ribs correct?
Thanks so much Cliff. I still find it really odd how many different cuts are only available regionally. Maybe it's just being in Texas that we have access to pretty much everything. I don't know that I've seen anything posted here that's not available but so many folks don't have certain stuff available to them.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky