The Good "Ol" Days

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I met my wife 33 years ago.
She was an ATC at Edwards AFB.
eafbkern.jpg

I worked at USAF Plant 42 and would travel between so I got to talk to her via radio crossing the runway in the tower/tracon
plant42pmd.jpg

p42p.jpg

We married a year later. 32 years ago the 18th.
I think my math is right...lol

Congrats on 32!!!
Was at Edwards once (outside the base) to watch a Space Shuttle land.

Congratulations on 32, that’s sweet for sure, and both military, even better enjoy.

My wife and I are 27 years this year. She served at NAS Miramar (Navy then) with a training squadron there. Very cool stuff.

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Thanks everyone.

We were both married for few years before meeting, her husband AF vet got hit and killed by drunk driver a year before we met.
Congrats on the 32, Rick. In this day and time where everything is disposable including marriage and relationships, that's quite an accomplishment. Exactly 1 month from today will be our 41st...
Long time. Just shows we SMF folks are good.

Congrats Rick! We just had our 39th last week, sometimes when asked how long married I answer 150 years. The reactions are hilarious. It is true in this day and times, a long term Marriage is rare.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky