The dreaded stall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobbymac29649

Original poster
Jul 15, 2015
Greenwood SC
I smoked my first pastrami yesterday.  Brisket, brined for a week, rubbed and in fridge uncovered for two days then into the smoker at 8:00am yesterday morning at 225. Hit 167 by 5:00, wrapped  in butcher paper and put back in smoker (MES 40).  Internal temp dropped to 163 and stayed there for 3 hours then 164 for another 3 hrs.  I set the timer for five more hours and went to bed.

When I got up this morning at 6:00 the smoker was off and the internal temp read 130.  It's on the dry side so I was thinking of steaming in..Your thoughts?

Do you have Maverick.  Next time set the timer to 23 hours and just set an alarm on the Mav.  That way it will wake you when it's done and you could have kept cooking. 

I feel likewise , place your Maverick Probes in place (or what you have) and if need be ; do a little Babysitting . Grab another drink and kick back
cool.gif

Oh , there now devices to awaken you if you doze off .  .  .  check your local Truck  stop
biggrin.gif

Stan  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky