The CharGriller Owners Group Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just got a 5030. Am I the only one? It's replacing a rusted out 3001/sfb combo. Saving the sfb, and the side burner to mount on the 5030. I also plan to line the smoke box with brick and the other reomended mods as the need comes up. Unfortunately first, "my reason to belive" has decreed that she(and l) aren't eating barbecue till the yard work is done! Be back in two weeks or so and will post picks of results.
Later, Ken

So how do I post pictures? Finished the yard-sort of. Finished the 5030 sort of, still need the fire brick, and to fold the charcoal basket. Seasoned the gas side, and the cook chamber, paint went kinda bubbly. Tried a donair. They seemed to like it. Got to seal the firebox and cook chamber next.

To post a pic click on the icon between the smiley and the icon for video in the top row of the reply box.

Here's Miss Otis (who started out life as a Pro Deluxe 2727, then got a SFB, reverse-flow chimney, baffle plates, fire basket, sealing gaskets, and custom rims) with her new thermocouple data bus installed.
009.jpg 007.jpg 002.jpg 006.jpg

Previously mentioned donair-what was left- they chomped it too quick. Next was steak, eggplant, and plantian. Been oiling the sfb to take care of the rust. Will post pictures now I know how. Still have to fold a charcoal basket, lower the exhaust, and seal better
IMG_20180603_171743.jpg
. Oh yeah digital thermometer goes thru access port in bottom front.
IMG_20180603_204150.jpg
IMG_20180610_200137.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky