The Best Hangover Cure!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Both, assigned to a Boomer and did some TAD with a fast attack. MG Vallejo, Bluefish

Its why I can sleep anytime, anywhere.

I was lucky I joined during the draft, wanted the brown water Navy. Had a guaranty in my enlistment that I'd not go to a sub. So of course God prevailed and I was schooled, schooled and schooled and sent to a sub vice running around in the Mekong. Those guys were the ones who deserved all the respect.

I saw a lot of those Brown Navy Boats right next to my Base Camp.
In fact "Dong Tam" was built by my 9th Division, by dredging up the bottom of the Mekong & making 40 acres of land with it.

Bear

Reactions: foamheart
We had without a doubt the best Hospital Corpsman in the Navy on our boat when I was active duty. When in port which wasn't much, he would take those little folding paper cups they used to put on the old water coolers, fill 'em with pills and tape 'em to his office wall for when the drunks came in. Dob't know why because the next morning you could take 'em and within 30 mins. be happy, smiling, laughing and joking. Not just feeling better but it was a great great day to be alive. What was in them.......

2 asprins
1 antiacid
1 charcoal
1 vitamin B-1
1 vitamin B-12
1 multi-vitamin

The mess-cooks would give you a piece of burnt toast with honey on it that night when you came in if you could make it to the galley.

In the boats, in the old days the tradition when you got your Dolphins (takes about a year of intense training and discipline) Your first port of call you were required to drink them. Largest glass/bottle/jug/bucket full of whatever they could find behind the bar to put in it. They then dropped in your dolphins and you drank it, supposedly coming up with your dolphins in your teeth. Personally I woke up the next day, from passing out in a cactus patch of the ninth fairway on the base golf course. I was covered with quills embedded all over me! That pain was only slightly muted but the new dolphins on my chest.

And I ramble again....... Anyway, Doc's pills always cured any and all hang overs. You'll now need a prescription for the B-12 I believe. I used to buy it in a weaker form called "Enter-B", it was taken nasally.

I don't live like that anymore, I enjoy everything I eat and drink and try not to over enjoy myself.

PS It is not chiseled in stone a cut off date LOL.... some of take a lot longer than others. I always referred to us as professionals. I always said I just enjoyed live too much.

I bought the ingredients per the above directions and can say this is an unbelievable cure. After drinking about a case of Bud Lite around the fire last night, I felt pretty rough this morning. Woke up around 6, popped the pills and by 7 I felt like I didn't even have a drink. Cooked breakfast on the charcoal grill, cleaned up the kitchen, and now enjoying a morning margarita waiting for my ride to get here for a wine festival today.

Great stuff Foam! Thanks for sharing!!

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning,(though I don't drink in the morning everyday) been drinking everyday at least 10-12 (sometimes more) for the last 30 years...

I bought the ingredients per the above directions and can say this is an unbelievable cure. After drinking about a case of Bud Lite around the fire last night, I felt pretty rough this morning. Woke up around 6, popped the pills and by 7 I felt like I didn't even have a drink. Cooked breakfast on the charcoal grill, cleaned up the kitchen, and now enjoying a morning margarita waiting for my ride to get here for a wine festival today.

Great stuff Foam! Thanks for sharing!!

You're most welcome

I was lucky I never cared much for Hard Stuff.
I drank a lot of beer in my days, but only hard stuff if I had to because it was somebody's Birthday.

The reason I say I was lucky, was because when I got to Vietnam, the few places I spent time at you had to be at least an E-6 (Staff Sgt) or 21 years old for anything stronger than Beer. I didn't mind because all I liked was Beer, and a lot of it.

If I really wanted something stronger, I could have easily find an E-6 to buy me a bottle, but finding somebody over 21 years old was a harder thing to do. We had a guy in my Platoon that was 22, and we called him Pops!!

Now I hardly even drink much beer any more. After my Open-Heart fiasco, I lost my taste for everything---Even Prime Rib, Beer, and Coffee!! Everything tasted the same---Terrible!!
After about 7 months I got my Taste for Prime Rib back (Thank God), and I enjoy a Beer or 2 only now & then, but I never did get my taste back for Coffee again, and I used to love it just "Black" !!!

That's why I smoke so many Prime Ribs!!

Bear

Last edited:
I remember being at Ft Benning, Ga. before I was 21(long ago). You were only allowed 3.2 beer and no hard liquor. Someone would always buy some shots and "sneak" them to us younger soldiers. Pure oxygen from the medic in the AM alway brought us out of the "fog" !

Being a traveling peddler for 30 years I must admit I’ve used most all of these medications to get me straight the neat day. Entertaining customers can be tough on the liver. But I’ve not taken them all at once.
One exception though. Charcoal tablets? What the heck does that do for you Kev? .... Not sure I’ve ever seen them. B

Being a traveling peddler for 30 years I must admit I’ve used most all of these medications to get me straight the neat day. Entertaining customers can be tough on the liver. But I’ve not taken them all at once.
One exception though. Charcoal tablets? What the heck does that do for you Kev? .... Not sure I’ve ever seen them. B

I am not a Corpman. But my best guess was it was an acid neutralizer? I know when in my youth, older people with kidney problems always took charcoal and/or ate burnt toast for breakfast. Maybe with a cup of hot tea and a stewed prune...... LOL

I just know it was always in the packet, part of the "7 Pill Manifold" (don't ask) LOL

Reactions: bdskelly
Lol! These days, that’s a recipe for writing off the rest of the day to misery and pain. And I am very far from a teetotaler. 30 years ago? This is the start of an epic day of booze and food. I think the bodies tolerance that decreases with time is a self defense mechanism.

For awhile when I first met my now wife my hangover cure was "triple digits" we would both hop on my motorcycle and hit the highway going 100+ Maybe it was the fresh air maybe the adrenaline? I don't know but it worked as dumb as it was to do.

I've been brewing my own since 1994. If I drink too much I just drink tepid water before bedtime and wake up fine. I haven't had a hangover (or any AB product since 1975). That's when I did my first tour in Germany and found out what real beer tastes like.

Reactions: Berettaclayshooter
Water is the best thing. Have your last drink be water before you go to sleep, and drink more water when you have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. Drink water, or maybe some kind of juice, first thing in the morning.

My BIL brewed beer and I am so tempted to take it up myself.

Reactions: hb99
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky