The BBQ Gun Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't own a .40 but have a boat load of once fired brass. That's a cartridge I would really like to reload. The Glock 22 gen 4 is one of the very few I would consider. Talon grips and smooth trigger face would be 'Perfection' to me.
Nice piece there Jake.
.40 is my favorite round. This is my recliner pistol. And I love using talon grips on Glocks especially. Obviously adds a nice grip but also dresses them up a bit.

Reactions: Colin1230
I kick my self now for not buying one of those when I had the chance.
It is probably the most natural, fastest shouldering and best point shooting rifle I've had or had the pleasure of.
I'd love to have one in 5.56, but that would take a complete redesign.

Last edited:
How about a throw-back vest-pocket handgun.
A 108 year old, 1913 manufacture, Colt .25 semi-auto.
Keys for scale

Colt .25.jpg

In the 90's I took Deer with a Thompson Contender in 30-30. If I was still hunting, that 460 would be my choice. So pretty and can get the job done with rounds to spare!...JJ
They designed and built this beast right. Is very mild to shoot, very controllable, my wife likes shooting the factory 200g loads. The 250 and 300g. Loads are stout, but still very comfortable. Is a real good hunting pistol as well as Bear protection.

Powder
Ball
Tamp

Yup - that's a Douglas barrel.
View attachment 487976

Did you mean powder, patch, ball? It's an important order... gonna have upside down t-shirts made for a couple friends... then they can just look down at their shirt and get it right! Lol

Ryan

Wow, nice rig, that model scope just came out, I want one! RAY
Thanks, being matched for caliber it makes for a really nice combo.
The bullet drops are more than accurate enough for minute of man out to 400 yards.
And that particular model (TA-C-400235) is about three years old and actually discontinued.

The Israeli's make some fine weapons I will say that for sure. I really like the Tavor.. a buddy of mine has one and that things fkin sweet.
Yes they do.
And their Galil has done nothing but continuously improve on the AK rifle. Much more robust and accurate, a true 300 yard battle rifle.

• Love
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky