The BBQ Gun Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wet Shave Security.

20150901_124713_zpspkc3vnyc.jpg

Chile, I know I have said this in another post earlier but, man remind me not to piss you off! 😂. Also in case of zombie apocalypse I'm coming to your place! 😂😂😂

I can neither confirm nor deny having, now, previously or in the future...A S & W 640 38 sp, a Ruger Mark IV Hunter, a S & W, M & P 2.0 9mm, a CZ P-10F 9mm, and a Tanfoglio Witness Full Size Steel Frame 10mm. I had a few other toys when I used to Hunt, but they were sold when we hit hard times between 2008 and 2012...JJ

Reactions: negolien
I'm loving this piece!

Thanks Steve butt stocks always a complaint from us owners but /shrug fits good with some cheek eze. I have a bag rider on it and a rear mono pod too. I usually shoot it off the bag it's just more stable for me. I got boxes of American Gunner in 165 grain that she LOVES... Shoots that ammo almost as good as ammo my buddy brought with him to the range that was match grade. these are some 100 yarders when I went to sight her in last year. I take her out maybe once a year to keep it sighted.
savage moa.jpg

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
It comes, it goes, my family and I shoot a lot.
Used to be nothing to shoot a few thousand rounds in a day, especially if we had a friend or two with us.
500 round box of 22 for a kid would be minimum for their having a day of fun plinking.
250 500 rounds for shooting some clays.
IT GOES TOO FAST!

And not all of those cans are full of ammunition, some are magazines, parts, accessories, cleaning supplies, reloading stuff and a few are empty waiting to be refilled.

Last edited:
Seems like too many people nowadays are saying,
"Do you think it's smart to post pictures of your guns and stuff with a hostile administration in office? "

Did you fill out a 4473 when you bought your gun at a FFL?
Do you really think the ATF does not keep a record of those?

Don't you know that the ATF has been
illegally/unconstitutionallyy making records of all FFL log books?

If you think the ATF and federal government isn't keeping track of who has what via FFL transactions, you're fooling yourself.

The last firearm I posted is an SBR, an NFA firearm.
Which means I had to fill out a Form 2 for a $200. Tax Stamp, provide a picture of my pretty face, fingerprints and description of the weapon in order to get government permission to manufacture it.
And I have to jump through hoops if I want to take it out of state or sell it.

Point is they know pretty much what I have, and they know pretty much what you have too.

Last edited:
No harm no foul

We can get on edge at times these days.
On edge? Naw, stay calm and carry on.
There's only two ways it can go from here and if a person hasn't chosen their path yet they're fast asleep.
I've a pretty good understanding of the ways of man and history, and I'm a realist.

Last edited:
As for FFL sales you are correct big brother knows what you have bought of course he does not know what you have sold, traded or given away. I don't keep up with gun laws every where but in FL private face to face sales do not require any paperwork. Some people will do a bill of sale and get a drivers license number of the buyer or something like that but many don't do any paperwork.
I got my first gun at age 8 it was a 410 shotgun that I'm sure my father did the paperwork for since we owned a business that sold guns and held an FFL for many years. I have no idea how many guns I got before I turned 18 that my father was the legal owner of for FFL purposes. I also have no idea how many guns I have bought, traded, or sold, or given away since from the time I was 8 until now into my 60's. As an adult I gave my dad guns he gave me guns some I got when he died and others I have no clue what he did with them I did give other family members some of his after his death. I have also given multiple guns to my daughter and son in law, brother in law, and some cousins.
My point is that big brother may know what guns I bought from an FFL dealer but doesn't know whether I still have them or not nor would they know if I bought a gun in a private sale. I know I don't own every gun that I've bought through an FFL and honestly have no idea how many guns I've bought, traded, sold, or given away and if I don't know there's no way they know.

Chile is right on the ammo buy what you can when you can because you just never know what's going to happen when. Stored properly it will be fine and ready to use when you need it. A friend who was a neighbor really got me into shooting handguns and for several years we shot 3-4 times a week and shot anywhere from 100-500 rounds each every time so we went through a lot of ammo. Him and I both reloaded and shot a lot of the same calibers so when we went to reload we would usually do 8000-10000 rounds per caliber then split it. He would reload one caliber while I reloaded a different one it worked out well. We actually got into melting lead and casting our own bullets the reloading got to be another hobby but when you shoot that much you about have to reload to be able to afford it and that was before ammo shortages and all that.

This thread has been fun so far lets not get politics brought into it so that it has to be deleted.

That wasn't at you directly, hence I didn't quote you, Steve or anyone in particular.
I'm just saying cause a lot of folks say and think thuswise.

Didn't think you did. Since all I did use post up my bug-a-salt. With that cool a$$ laser sight! I do, however, wish I would have had the foresight to stock up better on ammo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky