thanksgiving turkeys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm going to smoke one and the girls are going to cook one in the oven. Game on! 
biggrin.gif

I'm going to smoke one, picked up a 14.5 today. Will brine tomorrow. I'm brining thighs and legs right now. I may have to fry a  few Turkeys for friends.

Its a set it and forget it turkey for me... Cant beat em......

Smoking a 14 pounder and frying an 18lb bird, keeps the oven free for other things..and they are way better than a roasted bird. I pitched the idea of making ribs instead but nobody liked that idea :)

Smoking a 14 pound cajun flavored bird and roasting a 20 pounder. My wife will have her pies done the night before.

Last edited:
Im gonna spatchcock a 20lber on the UDS. LET HER RIP TATER CHIP! Got some no boil macncheese planned, and a breakfast fattie for friday morn.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I just smoked a pulled ham today and pick up a 17 pound bird tomorrow from a local farm that's also destined for the UDS. Then we'll be watching the Cowgirls, err Cowboys as well. :)

This is my third year smoking on an ECB. Last two runs were with a water pan, this time I'm going for the quicker run without water. They have between great last times. I can't wait to try the ECB running hotter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Happy Thanksgiving! I've got a 13 pounder brining in a cooler on the back porch. Gonna smoke it with apple wood chunks. The wife has her 20 pounder that she's putting in the oven. We're feeding 16 people tomorrow.

I have a 24.45 lbs fresh Hutterite Turkey in the brine as we speak. It will go on the smoker tomorrow and I can't wait.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky