• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

thanksgiving turkeys

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
ok so who's frying on thursday and who is gonna smoke their bird?

den60

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 6, 2012
I'm going to smoke one and the girls are going to cook one in the oven. Game on! 

trigus

Joined Nov 22, 2013
I'm going to smoke one, picked up a 14.5 today. Will brine tomorrow. I'm brining thighs and legs right now. I may have to fry a  few Turkeys for friends.

bigsaintsfan

Joined Mar 4, 2012
Frying a 19lb one and smoking a 14.5lb one. Injecting both with Cajun injector the evening before

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Its a set it and forget it turkey for me... Cant beat em......

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
Smoking a 14 pounder and frying an 18lb bird, keeps the oven free for other things..and they are way better than a roasted bird. I pitched the idea of making ribs instead but nobody liked that idea :)

stank56

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 7, 2013
Smoking a 14 pound cajun flavored bird and roasting a 20 pounder. My wife will have her pies done the night before.

Last edited:

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
First time with a frozen bird... how long y'all usually let Yalls sit out

ferd66

Fire Starter
Joined May 28, 2013
Best way to thaw is to move it to the refrigerator today and let it slow thaw over the next couple days.  

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Im gonna spatchcock a 20lber on the UDS. LET HER RIP TATER CHIP! Got some no boil macncheese planned, and a breakfast fattie for friday morn.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2007
I just smoked a pulled ham today and pick up a 17 pound bird tomorrow from a local farm that's also destined for the UDS. Then we'll be watching the Cowgirls, err Cowboys as well. :)

kranders

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 7, 2013
I'm smoking a 13 lb turkey on Thursday. I mixed up the brine tonight and the bird is going into it tomorrow, the brine is in the fridge cooling off.

stinkbud

Joined Nov 25, 2013
This is my third year smoking on an ECB. Last two runs were with a water pan, this time I'm going for the quicker run without water. They have between great last times. I can't wait to try the ECB running hotter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

loud1

Joined Nov 20, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving! I've got a 13 pounder brining in a cooler on the back porch. Gonna smoke it with apple wood chunks. The wife has her 20 pounder that she's putting in the oven. We're feeding 16 people tomorrow.

grizsmoker

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 13, 2013
I have a 24.45 lbs fresh Hutterite Turkey in the brine as we speak. It will go on the smoker tomorrow and I can't wait.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!!!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Smoked mine today for tomorrow, a 11.5 lb one, made smoked mac & cheese also.  Oldest son will roast one tomorrow

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.