• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanksgiving in July? Sort Of...

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 17, 2018
I'm not much of a turkey fan, but if you put a good, roasted yardbird in front of me? Keep your fingers out of the way!

I started by brining a local, pasture raised fresh chicken for a day. I pulled it out of the brine and let it air dry for several hours. I whipped up my mom's old stuffing recipe, rubbed the bird down with clarified butter, and then seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I put in in the Yoder that was set at 350F, and it took about an hour and 20 minutes to come to temp.

It didn't get the color I wanted, but man was it moist, tender, with just the right hint of smoke. I served it up with a little gravy on both the stuffing and chicken.

Nom nom.

thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail-1.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks good. What did you use for gravy?

Warren

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I'd be all over that dish, looks wonderful in a comfort food kind of way, Like! RAY

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
I'd be standing in line for seconds of that meal. Great job!

Dave

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Love them, we get the Butterball breasts & SV them for 6 hours at 132 At least once a week. Maybe I will cold smoke one first then SV it next time.
Yours looks delicious!!
Al

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.