• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank You...

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 25, 2014
For the education. Been playing with my home built Reverse Flow for a while now. In the beginning I struggled, a lot. Several folks here offered advice. Much of it was helpful. Even the advice that didn't help did, in a different way. Taught me a bit of patience....and to open my eyes and look at things a bit different. Several times I didn't understand the thinking of the advice....and I would become a bit belligerent. If it didn't make sense it would often frustrate me.
Yesterday we loaded the grate with 30 or so pounds of butt & chuck roll. Beef got smoked for 7 or so hours before being loaded into a couple DO in the Eggs. At times the RF was chugging, smoking a bit on the heavy side. In the past I would have ran out there and tossed more fuel on in a panic. But now I look at the fire & troubleshoot the problem.
But I no longer hover over the RF. Pay attention to the temperature and just let it work its magic.
We shredded the meat last night. Had a few tastes as we went. Yesterday's cook provided the most moist, flavorful shredded beef & pork we have ever made.
So again, a very heartfelt THANK YOU for all the help...
Wishing every one has a very joyous Holiday Season...
Merry Christmas
Doug & Ernestina Crann

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
There's definitely a learning curve!

Sounds like you have it figured out now!

Merry Christmas to you & your family!

Al

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Nice post Ink!  Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Mike

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Nice, Doug. Very nice.

Merry Christmas to you and Ernestina.

Hope we'll see more from you in the New Year.

Gary

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Glad to hear your smoker is kickin out some tasty Q ! Thumbs Up

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & yours Doug !

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 25, 2014
Yesterday was tamale making day...tried to upload a picture but...anyhow..this is our fourth or fifth time doing this, have yet to run out of meat and Masa at the same time...74 mile round trip to town in the snow at night to get more meat...have 15 and a half dozen so far.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.