Thank You...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
For the education. Been playing with my home built Reverse Flow for a while now. In the beginning I struggled, a lot. Several folks here offered advice. Much of it was helpful. Even the advice that didn't help did, in a different way. Taught me a bit of patience....and to open my eyes and look at things a bit different. Several times I didn't understand the thinking of the advice....and I would become a bit belligerent. If it didn't make sense it would often frustrate me.
Yesterday we loaded the grate with 30 or so pounds of butt & chuck roll. Beef got smoked for 7 or so hours before being loaded into a couple DO in the Eggs. At times the RF was chugging, smoking a bit on the heavy side. In the past I would have ran out there and tossed more fuel on in a panic. But now I look at the fire & troubleshoot the problem.
But I no longer hover over the RF. Pay attention to the temperature and just let it work its magic.
We shredded the meat last night. Had a few tastes as we went. Yesterday's cook provided the most moist, flavorful shredded beef & pork we have ever made.
So again, a very heartfelt THANK YOU for all the help...
Wishing every one has a very joyous Holiday Season...
Merry Christmas
Doug & Ernestina Crann

Reactions: mike5051
There's definitely a learning curve!

Sounds like you have it figured out now!

Merry Christmas to you & your family!

Al

Glad to hear your smoker is kickin out some tasty Q ! Thumbs Up

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & yours Doug !

Yesterday was tamale making day...tried to upload a picture but...anyhow..this is our fourth or fifth time doing this, have yet to run out of meat and Masa at the same time...74 mile round trip to town in the snow at night to get more meat...have 15 and a half dozen so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky