1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank You Thank You Thank You to Smokin Al

Discussion in 'Pork' started by Jaina, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jaina

Jaina Newbie

Hi, everyone:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Smokin Al for his technique for cooking ribs by temperature rather time. I did a 3.5 lb rack of baby backs. Using a Traeger Bronson 20 pellet smoker/grill. I smoked to an internal temp of about 170. Then wrapped and cooked to internal temp of about 190 at a temp of about 200. The ribs were nearly perfect, just about the right amount of bite. This in spite of the fact that my Traeger quit working and I had to finish the ribs indoors in a convection oven (including the wrap phase). I will forever be grateful. Next project: brisket. THAT should be fun! Thanks again! :-)

Jaina

HHYak, martin1950 and jcam222 like this.
  2. I'm glad you were able to salvage your ribs. And yes, I ALWAYS cook by temp. Out here in the boonies, my Pit Boss has been knocked off line several times by a blink-out of power. I hope that's all that happened to your pit.

3. gnarlykaw

gnarlykaw Smoke Blower

AL, IS the man!