Thank You Thank You Thank You to Smokin Al

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jaina

Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, everyone:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Smokin Al for his technique for cooking ribs by temperature rather time. I did a 3.5 lb rack of baby backs. Using a Traeger Bronson 20 pellet smoker/grill. I smoked to an internal temp of about 170. Then wrapped and cooked to internal temp of about 190 at a temp of about 200. The ribs were nearly perfect, just about the right amount of bite. This in spite of the fact that my Traeger quit working and I had to finish the ribs indoors in a convection oven (including the wrap phase). I will forever be grateful. Next project: brisket. THAT should be fun! Thanks again! :-)

Jaina

I'm glad you were able to salvage your ribs. And yes, I ALWAYS cook by temp. Out here in the boonies, my Pit Boss has been knocked off line several times by a blink-out of power. I hope that's all that happened to your pit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky